Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Technirub.nl
Great place for all kinds of rubber stuff like o-rings and even tailor made rubber parts.

Vibration dampers to mount the oil cooler:
part nr: 70010111B
Ebay: 26$ or 23€ for set of two
Technirub: 2,1€ for set of two

European site! Check the shipping costs. (probably only interesting for Dutch, Belgian or German riders...)
Or for people who know someone in Holland who can forward the parts (at cheaper cost).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The SKF 639174 is apparently discontinued. I went to my local bearing supplier to order that part number. The roller cone, p/n 639172 is apparently still available, just not the set nor the bearing cup of the same 639174 p/n.

I did a bunch of research and found that there are pretty much an unlimited number of manufacturers who make the same bearing set. I found that bearings made by Timken matched the SKF number and when I clicked on application for that bearing, it matched that of a 1954 to 1962 Fiat 500 rear wheel bearing. You can search by that on any automotive supply site, Napa, Autozone and O'Reilly's included.

Anyway, I got a set of National Bearings from RockAuto for a whopping $32 delivered to my door. The National p/n is 07100 for the roller cone and 07204 for the outer cup. I measured the SKF bearings and they were more like 25.4mm rather than 26mm. That gave me the idea that they were actually fractional rather than metric. Once I researched by the size I came up with dozens more options than the now discontinued SKF bearings.

I work on mobile heavy equipment for a living. I've used National Bearings in varying applications for about 30 years now so I'm not worried about production quality. I would say the same of Timken or TRW. BTW, National is a Federal Mogul company out of Michigan. If that sorta thing bothers you, the bearings I received are made in Spain, not China....sean
Have to quote myself as for some reason, there is no edit option. What I wanted to share is, I finally got around to start assembling the front end on my 1993 Project bike. In doing so, I found that while the bearing set closely resembled the OEM set I removed, it was absolutely NOT the correct ID for the roller cone.

The 26mm diameter is correct. At least for the replacement steering stem/lower triple clamp I bought. The one that originally came with the project was completely thrashed. It could be the smaller diameter 25mm bearing set that I bought would fit that stem. I don't know, I didn't try. I ended up ordering a Corse Dynamics set from MotoWheels so I can continue with putting things together.

I just wanted to get it out there that the Fiat 500 wheel bearings were 25mm rather than 26mm so beware. Measure your particular steering stem before you buy...........sean

·
Registered
190 Posts
Technirub.nl
Great place for all kinds of rubber stuff like o-rings and even tailor made rubber parts.

Vibration dampers to mount the oil cooler:
part nr: 70010111B
Ebay: 26$ or 23€ for set of two
Technirub: 2,1€ for set of two

European site! Check the shipping costs. (probably only interesting for Dutch, Belgian or German riders...)
Or for people who know someone in Holland who can forward the parts (at cheaper cost).
Vibration dampers for oil cooler - for those who live in NZ or Australia:

NZ$12 each.

https://www.bearingandengineering.co.nz/shop/BEARINGS/Rubber/Bobbin+Mounts/VD2520-60+RADIUS+RUBBER+MOUNT.html

For some reason the image didn’t load anymore from my bookmark above, but I bought these and they work nicely. The spec says max load 75.2Kg. Should be enough for our oil coolers!
Below link is the overall Rubber Bobbin page so you can see what they look like.

https://www.bearingandengineering.co.nz/shop/BEARINGS/Rubber/Bobbin+Mounts.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
470four:

You mentioned in your alternative parts list, "The fuel vent check valve for the 900ss (and others, possibly, which Ducati sells for $90 or so) can be sourced from a 2008 Kawasaki KLX450R and can be purchased new from Bikebandit.com for $11. It is plastic, not aluminum, but is the same shape and size, and is a nice dark grey."

Do you have the part number I can search? I've been to the microfiche at Bikebandit and the photo only shows a part number for the tube... but doesn't say for sure if it comes with the vent check valve.

Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Any one way fuel check valve works - be sure you put it on the right direction!

I put one on the end of the tube out of site under the body work. That kind won't work if you run it down the center of the steering stem nut, but an aluminum one for dirt bikes with the right size for the tube I used works fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks RockAZ. I'll swing by Cycle Gear and pick one up for a dirt bike. That'll be adequate. Mine has completely failed and needs to be replaced. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Cycle gear has a couple to choose from. By failed - you mean you can't blow either way through it? Spray some carb cleaner in it and try again later.

You can blow both ways through it? It's toast.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Diameter of oil drain plug washers for 1996 900CR?

I've located some aluminum ones (similar to stock Ducati) in bulk (20 pcs) that go for $10.00 shipped ... $0.50 cents each! Various sizes are available, I just need to know which diameter to order. A 20-pack would last a lifetime with reuse.

Least costly ones on the likes of eBay are about $4.50 each (friggin ouch!).

So, diameter? Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If I remember right oil pressure switch 61-588 fits ealier, up to injection, SS's.(61-590 DOES NOT WORK -normally open type).
Did some research on this one. The Biltema 61-588 cross references to a Beck Arnley 201-1699 and several other Beck Arnley numbers. Thread size is M10.0 X1

The differences are the point at which the contact opens. The 201-1699 opens at .25 bar which is really low, 3 psi.

There are several other applications the Biltema number works for, mostly VW/Audi and Volvo.

There are some versions that are NPT tapered thread rather than the metric thread so if you are searching, make sure to get one that is M10X1 rather than a tapered pipe thread.

There are versions that shut off the light at anywhere from the .25 bar above, to 1.8 bar and some that open between 1.5 and 2.0 bar.

As such, I took a look in the factory 900SS manual. Cold oil pressure is supposed to be 2.5 bar at idle, rising to 4-6 bar at 3500-4000 rpm.

Hot engine, oil pressure is supposed to be 1.1 bar at idle, rising to the same 4-6 bar at 4K rpm.

Using a sensor that opens above 1.1 bar could result in the low oil pressure light turning on with a hot engine.

I chose one from a company called Facet, that is made in Italy and opens at .8 bar. Part number is 7.0095 and it is available on Amazon for a whopping $6.86.

The Beck Arnley parts are available at any autoparts store in the US, and O'Reilly's lists them as available in all my local stores. IIRC, there are 3 different ones but none that opened at .8 bar.

One, IIRC the 201-1723 opens between .3 and .7 bar so would probably work in a pinch.

Like when you find your oil pressure switch is leaking oil out of the plastic part and you need a new one right now. ....sean

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Happy New Years. Maybe somebody know alternative for cush drive rubbers(rear wheel dampers) for old monster/ss and others?
Partnumber: 70010591A / 70010591a
Size: Inner D - 16.35mm; Outer D - 35mm; inner length - 24mm; outer length - 25mm

41 - 52 of 52 Posts