Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Found that 5/8" ID dish washer hose is very close to the case breather hose.
This is the hose that connects a dish washer to the p-trap under a sink.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
The air filter for the 1992-98 900ss/851/888 is the same as fitted to a Porsche 924. Dimensions are: 211 x 211 x 57. Purflex A515 (K & N equivalent: 33-2003, Mann-Hummel filter part number P12210).
I picked up a 1978 Porsche 924 filter and it was quite thicker and would not allow me to close the airbox lid over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Where do you get spark plug wires?
They look car-ish.
I never saw what Cagiva put on your bike, but the coils usually have the wire glued/epoxied into them.

Typically, on a bike you will find the wire actually has wire running through it. They don't break down like the compressed carbon wires on an automobile.

But, if someone has trimmed the wire back too much while installing new spark plug caps (Which do wear out or break), you can get a length of Packard 440 wire from a good Auto Parts dealer and get a pair of NGK Racing Cable Splicers from a good Motorcycle Dealer Parts Dept.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure what the Ducati vs. Bosch part numbers and costs are but isn't there a drastic difference between the Ducati regulator for the 916 family of bikes and the exact same Bosch unit that you can get from Napa (or similar store)?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rubber isolation dampers for the oil cooler can be had from McMaster-Carr for $2.41 each in chemical and temperature resistant neoprene PN 9241K45 (M6 thread, one male one female, 1" dia, 3/4" tall). I don't really know if that is all that much cheaper then dealer price but they shiped to my door in 2 days and fit perfect.

Thanx,
Jaysin

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wemoto in the UK have OE & non OE speedo cables

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there a substitute for the wrist pin / piston pin circlip? It seems like a circlip wouldn't be a custom made part.

Part #88440111A

I know it's cheap, but there isn't a dealer very close to me, and I'd rather pick up something locally than drive 2-3 hours for a $1.00 part. :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Swing arm bearings for '91-'98 . Bearing number HK 2016, internal needle bearing, metric. This is the bearing number, not the Ducati part number.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fast idle cable

After removal of the throttle bodies, the fast idle cable was too frayed to thread back through the return spring and locking nut.

Ducati UK wanted £43.00 for a complete thumb lever and cable, i winced at the cost so after a little probing on ebay i managed to get 10 off 1.2mm cables with 3x3mm ball ends for £1.95 delivered from china.

All i had to do was 2 minutes with a file to knock off the square edges and its was a perfect fit, less then 10% of the Ducati cost and i have 9 spares.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
search McMaster.com:

metric general purpose vibration damping sandwich mounts with stud and insert

pick your correct size and quantity.

Fred

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Swing arm bearings for '91-'98 . Bearing number HK 2016, internal needle bearing, metric. This is the bearing number, not the Ducati part number.
Thanks for that. I'm in the midst of doing mine and my local bearing supply has them listed by that SKF part number. The corresponding seal that goes with the swing arm bearing is CR-7410. Not sure if you can find it using that number without the hyphen or not. They're $5.16 each...which is kinda pricey for what they are. OH...and you'll need 4 of them....sean

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Suspension and steering

STEERING HEAD BEARINGS - all bevels:
CBF 426-R or SKF 639174 (26 x 52 x 15)
The SKF 639174 is apparently discontinued. I went to my local bearing supplier to order that part number. The roller cone, p/n 639172 is apparently still available, just not the set nor the bearing cup of the same 639174 p/n.

I did a bunch of research and found that there are pretty much an unlimited number of manufacturers who make the same bearing set. I found that bearings made by Timken matched the SKF number and when I clicked on application for that bearing, it matched that of a 1954 to 1962 Fiat 500 rear wheel bearing. You can search by that on any automotive supply site, Napa, Autozone and O'Reilly's included.

Anyway, I got a set of National Bearings from RockAuto for a whopping $32 delivered to my door. The National p/n is 07100 for the roller cone and 07204 for the outer cup. I measured the SKF bearings and they were more like 25.4mm rather than 26mm. That gave me the idea that they were actually fractional rather than metric. Once I researched by the size I came up with dozens more options than the now discontinued SKF bearings.

I work on mobile heavy equipment for a living. I've used National Bearings in varying applications for about 30 years now so I'm not worried about production quality. I would say the same of Timken or TRW. BTW, National is a Federal Mogul company out of Michigan. If that sorta thing bothers you, the bearings I received are made in Spain, not China....sean

21 - 40 of 52 Posts