Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going? Looking around, good prices can be had at at decent hotels (Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn Expresses) for under $100, along with good seats for $80 each.

I know as far as road courses go Indy is not great, but the Speedway is a wonderful place to go, the racing is still great to watch, and the Speedway Museum is something that should be seen.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I am more than likely going, but I have never been to Indy, so Im not sure what to expect,where a good area to stay is, Im also thinking about camping out. Get there friday afternoon and come home monday morning. Has anyone camped out or knows of anyone who has at indy. Recommendations to any of this would be great. Are people buying tickets through Ducati North America as a package deal or just going the regular route? Thanks to anyone that has advice on this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Guys! I'm from Indy and you might want to check out the Plainfield area to stay. Plainfield is west of the airport and off I-70, hotels are nice and places to eat close by and a clean area. You're about 20 mins or less from the track and right there along the interestate which is easy to get to downtown Indy. If you haven't been here before you have to go downtown on North Meriden St. where they block the street off for 3 blocks just for bikes, it's awesome and a great party. Me I don't sit in the stands, I love the grassy mounds inside the track to sit. Cheaper and closer to the action plus you can get up and move around, as well as to kick back and lay in the grass and relax with a cold one. Indy may not have the best layout for a course, but its a awesome place to go to.

Hope you make it and ask anything you like, I'll glad to help.

Good Luck!

F1indy

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll be there again this year. Usually get suite tickets from Redbull from my job so I hope they come through again this year. :)

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I live in Munster and would like to meet up and make the ride down. Any takers? Will be looking at roughing it at a hotel. My camping days are over after leaving the sandbox far behind.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wife and I are planning on going again.

She's thinking of going on her Can-Am this year instead of 2 upping with me again. Yes, I'm hopeful (love the thoughts of more cargo space for a week on the bike).

I've been watching our local NEDOC club for info., even emailed the IMS guy and nothing set yet for Ducati Island tickets that I'm aware of?

I'm getting ready to just jump on someone elses group buy deal so I know I'll have tickets...

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm planning on going back again this year too; last time we stayed in Greenville (?? ~25m E of Indy?) and rode into the city everyday. Good excuse to get some miles in, and the town was nice enough, although we didn't really spend any time there. ;) Might not make it for practice, but qualifying/racing definitely. Saturday night downtown is always a treat too.

Now I'm just trying to find a good ticket package. I see on IMS' site that they're charging for parade laps (we got one included in the package we found last year, along with some other swag). What's out there?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Dammit, don't forget the Indy Mile on Saturday night.
Totally! A must-see, definitely. I wish I had gotten to see KR show the Doctor how to ride a Yamaha - when was that, '10?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick mention that I got the Holiday Inn Express in Brownsburg, VERY convenient to the track, off of Hotwire for $68 including fees, for Friday and Saturday nights. I don't know if it's still available, but it was the 2.5 star hotel in Brownsburg.

I also got race tickets from the IMS site. Stand H up high for $80 is very fair, but best of all I also got Friday and Saturday general admission along with it for $20 (normally $20 for each day), and 3 day parking at the museum and a parade lap around the Speedway Friday night, both at good prices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts