Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to tell you about my experience with Ducati Indianapolis this weekend. As you well know, this weekend was the Moto GP in Indy. And as a rider, that means that it is the worst time for you to have bike problems. While waiting in line Friday morning to take my bike on the track for a "pre-practice parade" lap, I turned off my engine to reduce temp of the "oven" cooking the back of my legs. Guess what, as the line started moving again I tried to start the bike, and nothing happened! I'd been looking forward all summer long for this weekend, so you can understand the sickening feeling that overwhelms you when you know that you are royally screwed. I pushed my bike over to the side, and preceded to call Ducati of Indy. To my amazement, they purposely cleared out their service dept that week to help bikers with "emergency" problems during the Moto GP weekend.

I called them at 11:30, had my bike to their shop at 1pm, and found out that the starter was dead and my part was in Pennsylvania. Ouch! The thought of me showing off my 1098S at Moto GP was quickly vanishing. To my surprise, they had the part overnighted to their shop with a Sat delivery. But what was so amazing about that random act of customer service, was the fact that Ducati Indy service dept normally shuts down for Qualifing Saturday. For those who don't know, replacing the starter in a 1098 involves tearing the engine apart and putting it back together, in this case, a 5 hour job.

Matt Carr and his team of service professionals (Craig & Travis), came in on their day off in order to get it back to me that weekend. Their unselfishness and sacrifice to give up spending the day at the track was truly appreciated. They went above and beyond for their customer, and they definitely now have a customer for life! This is what Customer Service is all about, and they definitely created a "Raving Fan". Matt Carr's service skills are legendary, and his "putting the customer first" approach is first class. I would like to think that I'm a "special customer" and they "took care" of me, but I've heard from other Ducati owners, that he's just that cool of a guy. Thanks again Ducati of Indianapolis for all your help this weekend!!!

Adam Smith "DucFever"
Angola, IN

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ducati Indi

I've heard a lot of really good things about Ducati Indi! Thats really cool how well they took care of you! Im looking forward to checking out there shop when im in town for MotoGP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was in Indy in Oct/09 with the 748. They checked it out and helped set up my suspension all with a minimum of notice.
Friendly, helpful ppl... I will be back.
Dan

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Really like hearing about good shops and good service. Nice when you hear so much of the negative.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've been to the last 2 Indy GP's and I can tell you that Ducati Indy has gone above and beyond both years! I just bought a part off them and they didn't realize it hadn't shipped, but as soon as I sent an email I had a phone call, an appology, and an upgrade + it shipped out right away. Great guys, nothing but good to say about them:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ditto here! Indy Ducati is my closest dealer at 2 hours away. Bought my PS1000 used from another dealer. It ran rough. Matt worked on it and it has run perfectly ever since. I also had the gas tank replaced under warranty (at their suggestion!) I am looking forward to seeing them at this year's Indy Moto GP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts