Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace my indicators with Rizoma LEDs & have been trying to find where the indicator relay is located on a 2015 model.
I would prefer to replace the flasher relay with one that suits the LEDs as opposed to using the in line resistors (if possible)
I have seen on the older models that it is a setting built into the dash, however I cannot find this setting on my model.

I found this however it doesnt mention anything about it being the indicator relay. Am I in the correct location?

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
in the dash. It is part of the circuit board.l There is a setting in the dash menu for led markers accessed from the mode buttons similar to setting clock

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been through every selection in the menus, my year model doesnt have it unfortunately.. unless someone can point it out.
I have:
Riding Modes
Backlight
Lap
Pin
Clock
Units
Battery
RPM
Thats it. There isnt anything within the submenus of each of those either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those who might want to know..
I have confirmed with Ducati that later models do not have the bulb/LED option within the dash menu & that the relay is located under the seat, as noted in my first post.
The trial & error comes with various brands of indicators. Some will work when the relay is changed, some are better with resistors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am also trying to figure out location. I tried using the Omaha parts Fische but didn't find anything. I'll take a look today in the manual.

Is there a relay you are specifically looking at?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first post is a screen shot of the parts fische with the indicator relay location circled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My first post is a screen shot of the parts fische with the indicator relay location circled.
Ok wasn't sure if that was confirmed or not. I'm looking at the DMP one from motorcycle superstore. I need to hook up my new tail tidy and handguards before to see if I need it but it's good to know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
you don't have to use the resistors. If you by the rizoma wiring adapters you plug the black wire from the blinker into the red one on the wiring adapter. Plug the red wire from blinker into the black wire on the adapter. Sounds backwards but it works.

Swanny

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you don't have to use the resistors. If you by the rizoma wiring adapters you plug the black wire from the blinker into the red one on the wiring adapter. Plug the red wire from blinker into the black wire on the adapter. Sounds backwards but it works.

Swanny
I put Rizomas on the rear (because I need smaller ones that wont touch the can) & the Ducati performance ones on the front.
Made my own wiring connections, took your advice by reversing both pairs & presto.. didnt need the relay or resistors. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I put Rizomas on the rear (because I need smaller ones that wont touch the can) & the Ducati performance ones on the front.
Made my own wiring connections, took your advice by reversing both pairs & presto.. didnt need the relay or resistors. Thanks!
Glad I could help out a little!

Swanny

·
Registered
982 Posts

Swanny
I tried what you suggested last night on my '15; no dice.

Using the Rizoma wiring adapters, I tried swapping the red and black leads for each signal as you suggested. Nothing; no blinking, no light, nada.

Granted, I tried it for only one signal. Do you need to swap the connections on both signals for this to work properly?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts

Using the Rizoma wiring adapters, I tried swapping the red and black leads for each signal as you suggested. Nothing; no blinking, no light, nada.

Granted, I tried it for only one signal. Do you need to swap the connections on both signals for this to work properly?
I don't recall having to hook both up to make it work correctly.

Swanny

·
Registered
982 Posts

Swanny
Huh, ok.

I pulled apart the tail tidy again yesterday and tried swapping both the left and right red/black wires on each rear signal. No dice. Oddly, when I wired up the front LED signals, the right blinks at a normal rate, but the left is much faster.

·
Registered
982 Posts
And when you say reversed, you mean the red & black wires of each signal or that you've swapped the left and right signal wires?

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I changed my tail kit last night to the New Rage one that comes with the LED indicator bar.
They are plugged in as normal- Red into Red Black into Black & its still blinking at the normal rate, still no need for resistors or relays.

·
Registered
982 Posts

Swanny
Huh, ok.

I pulled apart the tail tidy again yesterday and tried swapping both the left and right red/black wires on each rear signal. No dice. Oddly, when I wired up the front LED signals, the right blinks at a normal rate, but the left is much faster.
And when you say reversed, you mean the red & black wires of each signal or that you've swapped the left and right signal wires?
yes the red & black of each
I'll give it another go tomorrow. Perhaps with the front signals now connected, it will help.
An update here. It works.

Yup, you read the correctly. In the weirdest, typically Italian, voodoo electronics way; it works. I finally had a chance to go for a ride yesterday since it wasn't a monsoon outside and both signals flash at a normal rate. No need to swap wires and no need to hook up in-line resistors. Go figure.

My best guess is that the dash gets the required voltage while the bike is running and can therefore run the blinkers at the correct speed. That also leads me to believe that when I tested the blinkers with the ignition on and the engine not running, as I had done during installation, it caused the right signal to blink normally and the left to blink fast.

The moral of the story? Go ride your bike.

Reactions: Dr freedom
1 - 19 of 19 Posts