Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a heck of an issue trying to figure this out. My left side indicators are not working, at first this was a random occurance but now they've completely stopped. I thought it might be a issue with the switch so I found a cheap one on ebay and replaced it, indicators still not working. I even tried a diff set of LED strips on the back just to check and that doesn't help either. Both the front left and rear left indicators not working, I think the bike doesn't have relays, do you guys have any idea what it could be?

Any help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even without relays it should still work, it'll just blink faster. My take is that this is an issue with wiring. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will be able to chime in with a more detailed take and an actual solution.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i believe the relay is built into the instrument panel. Unfortunately it sound like that may be problem. If the front signal is not blinking its unlikely to a problem with the fleda. I assume by not working you mean they are not flashing on and off as opposed to coming on but not flashing. Are your front signals stock? Does the indicator light on your dash blink for left and right? Also check your turn switch. Do you have a multimeter?
P.s. Fast blinking just means low resistance (eg replaced incandescent bulbs with led or a burnt out bulb)

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you know someone with another sport classic that's not too far from you, maybe you can ask to test it on their bike. Otherwise if you got the FLEDA unit from JC, then talk to him and maybe send it in for repairs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies, sorry I kinda forgot that I posted this. I borrowed a multimeter and checked the wiring. The wires coming out of the indicator are good, the wires going out of the dash to the working indicators pulse and are good the wires going out the dash to the non working indicator pulse but are putting out very little power. The bike has LEDs front and back and both were working fine. Now one side works fine and the other side does not flash when I hit the switch. Any idea why the dash would suddenly stop working like this? It's summer so I'm just gonna use hand signals for the time being but I would like to figure this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts