Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
... big bucks helmet ... big bucks gloves ... big bucks jacket ... sneakers.

I understand there's a new walker available these days, allows one to stand up straight rather than hunch over when using it .... good thing for fellers like this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not my cup of tea...
Don't like the single sided exhaust, the all welded up header (I really hate these on no matter which bike), the LED front light, the mirrors and the way too modern front for this bike.
I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into the build but I really don't like the overall look of it.
Tastes differ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not my cup of tea...
Don't like the single sided exhaust, the all welded up header (I really hate these on no matter which bike), the LED front light, the mirrors and the way too modern front for this bike.
I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into the build but I really don't like the overall look of it.
Tastes differ...
There’s definitely things I’d do differently. I also don’t like single exhaust on a Ducati or the mirrors.
I love the black frame and overall paint scheme. Love the motor, brakes and suspension. Love the wheels.
Love the weight loss, some 40kg.
I’d love to feel my 900ss with a heap more power and heaps less podge

·
Registered
235 Posts
There’s definitely things I’d do differently. I also don’t like single exhaust on a Ducati or the mirrors.
I love the black frame and overall paint scheme. Love the motor, brakes and suspension. Love the wheels.
Love the weight loss, some 40kg.
I maybe was a bit too negative by just pointing out the things I don't like.
Really love the wheels, I would love those on my bike but they are really hard to find at a reasonable cost...
The rear Ohlins is another thing I would love to have on my SS. The rear shock is the first thing I would change as soon as I have the money to buy an Ohlins.

I'm not really that interested in more power. I only use the bike on the streets and where I live these streets are packed with camera's that monitor your speed over a long distance. We don't have these 'canyon roads' I see in USA-Ducati-ride-video's on YT... Sadly...

To give you an idea; it's a 22km ride to my work and there's exactly 4km on that ride which is not speed-monitored...
Owning a powerfull bike is no longer fun in Belgium...

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
Very well done, I would take it over a modern SS at the same cost.

Because tastes are different I too would make changes even though it is not a knock on what he has built. I find I like the more solid paint schemes instead of something that is broken up like this. It looks good but I would prefer solid red sides with decals vs multi-tone.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I prefer dual exhausts too but there is some weight savings in going that route -

I've seen those LED's added on to my friends off road bike, they are quite bright. PIAA, I think.

I bet you can't see shit out of those mirrors - anyone try this? If it works, I would do it. They look like CRG.

Ooo! Kevlar composite fuel cell, bet that carved some weight off the top!

Light years better looking than the latest SS, imo,...

·
Bon Vivant
11,458 Posts
I reall like parts of it too - love the engine swap and modern dash, front-end, and top triple. I'd probably prefer a set of high rise clip-ons that are more apropriate for an SS but the real knock for me is the paint job, I dont mind graphics but I would have done it differently and paint the rear bodywork - leave some bare (clear coated) carbon showing but dont just leave it unfinished...

But it is a fantastic build and a really sweet bike - well done to the builder and the owner!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I bet you can't see shit out of those mirrors - anyone try this? If it works, I would do it. They look like CRG.

The size wouldn’t be a problem but mounted so close in would. You would never see directly behind unless you could see under your arms. Even on the 999 I use that technique.

I have the tiny little 2” CRG bar ends on my Z125 and they work way better than you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I have the 2" CRG type bar ends on one of my 900's, all metal and glass, they work beautifully.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
....Love the weight loss, some 40kg.
... (in the same cadence as the "put the candle back" scene in Young Frankenstein) .... put the fork down.

(as has been pointed out by other members in previous threads, it costs less, and you just might live longer!)

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Thats why there is an ass for every seat, Everyone likes something different--I personally dont like the 2 into 1 exhaust & the mirrors that are a joke those are a real turn off for me & RockAZ your bike does nothing for me as well-I personally dont like stripped down bikes But thats just me. I can look & see what was trying to be accomplished and I can appreciate it for what it is -But both bikes are not something I would want in my collection. but thats why we are all different and like different things. -The two tone paint does not bother me as much hell Ducati has used that one bikes for years--Hell I thought of painting my 91 900SS Red with Green about 1/2 way down the fairings lol--Who can hate Hailwood colors

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Me! Red and green clash no matter who rode with those colors. Never mix colors that fall directly across from one another on the RGB color wheel. Tacky, tacky, tacky. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
My stripped down 900 is currently undergoing renovation in my spare utility room, the new Staintune pipes are going to really up the street presence on this bike but also some more wiring detail work and relocating the oil cooler up higher will get it closer to the street rod with a passenger look I'm going for. Probably will stay red for a while, but longer term it will be murdered, as the kids say.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Probably will stay red for a while, but longer term it will be murdered, as the kids say.
Meh.....keep it red. The whole "murdered out" look is just....sooo 2005. It used to be the look for all the budding hot rodders around here...like 15 years ago. Now, not so much. It's over done. Played out. Passè. Obsolete.

Ducati red is timeless.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts