Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 900 monster . i was wondering if anyone on here has taken the fuel pump out of the tank and used an external one. it sure would make life easier. cheers!

·
Registered
853 Posts
The main reason that the fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank is that the fuel is used to cool the pump. This location also reduces the chance of fire from fuel leaks.

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
If you are thinking fuel filter changes would be easier then simply leave the pump in the tank and make the filter external. I do this all the time on ST series bikes so if you get a bad tank of fuel you can change the fuel filter without removing the gas tank from the bike. The pumps themselves are reliable enough you should not have to touch it under normal circumstances.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
If you are thinking fuel filter changes would be easier then simply leave the pump in the tank and make the filter external. I do this all the time on ST series bikes so if you get a bad tank of fuel you can change the fuel filter without removing the gas tank from the bike.
My 900SSie filter mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a 2001 carbed M750 tank that I was going to retrofit an external fuel pump from a Hayabusa. I ended up using a 748 tank with fuel pump instead for my monster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts