Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find this hose by the foot? I called Napa today and they told me I would have to buy the whole roll due to the fact they do not stock it here and it would be a special order. I was told I only need 2 feet. I just hate to buy a whole roll of it when I only need that much.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I just got some on amazon. Was maybe $18.00.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
You can get it from JEGS... PN:465-27093 $19.99 for a 1 foot piece.....also found some at a Parts+Plus auto parts place for a little more....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SS904: What was the part number from Amazon and do I need 1 foot or two? I can get the roll from Napa here locally for $29.00.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Desmo Times has fuel line that's reasonably priced - $3/foot. I believe there are a good number of members who have used it (including me).

Desmo Times Product 141 - Clear Fuel Line - no affiliation, etc. etc. blah blah

Make sure you get the correct size FI hose clamps - it's slightly smaller diameter than the standard stuff. If you go this route, I think I can dig up a correct size clamp and give you the size - you can buy them at auto parts stores, they're easy enough to get.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't opened my tank yet to see what the diameter is. Do you know right off hand what the diameter size is? As well as the clamps I guess. Thanks for all your help. I love this site!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Have NAPA order part# NBH H209.

This is 5/16" SAE-30R10 submersible fuel line manufactured by gates and sold in 12" lengths.

Last time I bought some it about $25.00

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
The stuff I got on amazon was Gates 30R10 and it was $16.38 for 1 foot. You neen 5/16 or 8MM ID line. I just searched 30R10 on amazon and it came up. The company was Midway Auto Supply. For clamps, on my ST you can reuse them. They are the same clamps as on the outside connections. I picked up a 10 pack of them, just to have them on hand, also on amazon. Many use the regular line for inside the tank with no issues. I decided not to. No real reason or bad prior experience drove me to use the 30R10 stuff. Just did. I'm only replacing the run of hose that has the filter in line. 1 foot should be more than enough.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Does anyone know where to find this hose by the foot? I called Napa today and they told me I would have to buy the whole roll due to the fact they do not stock it here and it would be a special order. I was told I only need 2 feet. I just hate to buy a whole roll of it when I only need that much.
Have NAPA order part# NBH H209.

This is 5/16" SAE-30R10 submersible fuel line manufactured by gates and sold in 12" lengths.

Last time I bought some it about $25.00
When I went to napa they told me I had to buy the whole roll at 29.00 a roll.
Turns out its a 1 foot piece. I misspoke, you will only need 1 piece of the fuel line.

You could order it here?
Gates 27093 5/16" Submersible Fuel Hose For In Tank Lines SAE 30R10

·
Registered
639 Posts
The clamps that came off my '98 ST2 are marked Gemi 13 or Gemi 14 - I assume they are the original clamps, but I don't know that for sure. The clamps I bought are 11-13 mm - they were available at the local auto parts store. This probably goes without saying, but if you buy clamps, don't buy hose clamps - buy smooth fuel line clamps like the ones you pulled off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is this all about pinching pennies? If so that's ok.Are the OEM pieces defective in material?

I WAS however happy to provide my local Ducati dealer the opportunity to supply me with some (2 pages) OEM Ducati parts.

I paid $38.14 for the two venting hoses.Replaced all hoses actually,with OEM.Had all parts within 2 weeks.Even sourced an OEM wiring harness within a week.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Is this all about pinching pennies? If so that's ok.Are the OEM pieces defective in material?
I don't think the OEM hose is made of a defective material; it's just that you should replace it before you're stranded with the infamous split fuel line problem. I think the consensus is replace every 5 years or so. I’m not messing with the vent lines, if they look like they need it when I pull it apart next week, I’ll run down to NAPA and pick up a few feet for less than $10.

If you bought the internal vent lines for $38.00, consider this... They are low pressure regular fuel line that you could have bought at any auto parts store for around $2.00 a foot. It is also not what is being discussed here. The 30R10 stuff that is much more expensive and sold in 1 foot lengths is high pressure submersible fuel line. On your bike, it is only used for the short run that has the filter in it. Did you get that from the deaer too? What did they charge? Not sure anyone has priced one here, I know I I haven't. It is also very likely the same Gates brand stuff people are buying online.

There are many things I will get at the dealer because it’s the only place to get them. A commonly available item, like fuel line, is not one of them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've found a valuable source for hi pressure fuel line for sure.I once mistakenly replaced FI hose on my Buell with regular.Had hi pressure fuel spraying all over me on a later ride when it burst.SCARY.

When i did fuel pump/tank service this past winter it was within the scope of much more invasive maintainance.I prefered one source for my Ducati parts. My dealer was shaking his head in disbelief when i presented a complete itemized list of parts 2 pages long with references.Over 2 grand.I suspect i could've saved money by researching competetors but that i considered wasted time.

The price of the short hose: $6.47 and the long: $36.11

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
The price of the short hose: $6.47 and the long: $36.11
Are you saying that the two pieces of line that make up the short in-tank HP run with the filter in it was $42.58 total? If so, I'm not surprised, but that is the reason folks shop around for this stuff. If you were just buying all this stuff at once and didn't want to spend the time looking, no issues, your call. I do it a little different, but I have also been dealing with the “Ducati thing” since 2001. I've been gathering stuff for my next service interval for a few weeks now. As of just the other day when my belt roller bearings arrived, I now have everything that I need. I know what I need and just start looking when the time draws near. No idea what I save by doing that, but less than $20.00 shipped for the same part that costs $42.00 at the dealer gives an idea...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well they're reliable hoses anyway.I think i did my 996 fuel tank hoses the first time back in 2001. i've never encountered a split hose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts