Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Monsters,

Could you tell me what the rev limit is for S4R Monsters (07 Testastretta)?
Its probably around 10k, but I would like to know for sure.

Regards
Morten

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
10k IIRC, as you stated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well....you can. Just keep the throttle on until the cut off while on the freeway/highway/fast motorway. It won't hurt the bike to dance off of the limiter plus you'll be prepared (know what it feels like) in case you ever do it accidentally.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dodge2Dub,

If I had a MS4Rs I would definitely know what rpm the rev. limiter is set to (by the method you are suggesting, hehe) - case is I don't.. :)

Thing is, I have an MS4Rs engine on hand (no ECU) and want to run it on an non-original ECU with a modified chip (fuel/air + ignition). I'm not interested in over-revving the engine and thus want to set the rev. limiter to the original set.

Hasn't anyone bounced the rev. limiter on their MS4Rs on dyno or road, and is able to state the actual number?
Please..?
:)

Regards M"

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've bounced mine off 11K few times with no problems. I've never heard of any stestemic issue with the 998 deep sump but I would'nt make it a habit. During track days it regularly sees 10K in the straights and spends most of its time between 7-9K without issues. One thing I've noticed is it runs cooler when being thrashed, probably becaucse of all the cool gas and air its ingesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts