Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just bought this beast and it certainly impresses in many ways. This one has tuneboy ecu and quickshifter and blipper along with Ducati performance map. It;s actually a Diavel Dark but has been given the fancy wheels and all the carbon bodywork.

I had never ridden one of these so my first experience was the ride from Edinburgh to York to get it home. I got sunshine, rain, cold and thick fog across the Pennines, and stupidly did it all in touring mode with engine at 162hi. First impressions are the torque, the comfort, the snatchy throttle and the crap rear brake, oh and did I mention the torque. But that throttle at low revs is a bitch, especially on roundabouts when you are going from a closed throttle and just want a whiff of momentum.

My previous bike was an Aprilia 1200 caponord 2015. Much easier to ride around town. I fitted fatduc O2 manipulators to that which helped a lot, and kept it running cooler. Anyone tried fatducs on a gen2 Diavel?

So it will be a steep learning curve. I'm sure this forum will be a great place to meet fellow ducati nuts and am looking forward to the journey.

Attachments

·
comrade moderator
27,158 Posts
Atta way to dive in! Nice bike...glad you're here!

If you could take a sec and fill out your location in the UserCP and add your sweet ride to your signature line...and enjoy the forum and the Ducati!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
But that throttle at low revs is a bitch, especially on roundabouts when you are going from a closed throttle and just want a whiff of momentum.
Try urban or rain mode or whatever they call it on your Diavel. On my Monster you can easily switch modes on the fly. :grin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I tried touring on 162 low and it was much better. Still snatchy and still lots of clutch feathering but a big improvement. I will try urban but do love having that instant 162bhp on tap. My last bike was so much easier to ride but I do love the drama and theater of the diavel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts