Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not complaining, mind you, but is there another windscreen for the 900SS that provides a tad more protection than the OEM model? Not looking for 'Wing' protection, just slightly more at 85-90mph. Double-bubble experience anyone?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the LaminarLip that attaches to the oem windscreen. I like it because it gives good protection from the wind/rain/cold yet comes off in no time for warmer waeather and track days, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a very big windscreen, i dont know who it is made from, not zero gravity though, and it comes up about 3-5 inches over the top of the front fairing.
Lemme know if you interested I'll take pics, maybe we could work something out

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have no idea which windscreen this is, it was on teh bike when I bought it...

I'm thinking it's ZG?

anyone know?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Rainman said:
Yes, Jan that is a Zero Grav.

I like the L-P speedscreen double bubble.
that looks a lot better...if you odn't mind my asking, how much did that one cost?

mine came with a little rock chip / crack in it....good reason to replace it...right?

lol

;)

·
Administrator
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with MRA windscreens? I am looking at getting one of their DB's, but it's hard to find anyone that's ever used them.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
OK, why are you being difficult? I mean, the ZG screen works well and offers standard shape, double-bubble, tinted and clear. Why would you want something else, may I ask?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can think of plenty of reasons to ask for the MRA double bubble screen, but maybe that's because I have one on my bike :)

The MRA is the best quality screens I have ever seen. Also it's more double, or is it more bubble, than the other alternatives I know of, so it gives more wind protection without the turbulence that some of the ''touring'' screens have...

The look of the MRA is actually a bit more like the screens on the racers, they often have taller screens, so maybe that's why MRA calls this type a ''Racing double bubble''

Cheers,
Morten

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got a double bubble on my '95 and it's terrific. The slight rise provides that little bit more wind protection - and you actually get something to tuck behind when you want to play at being a boy-racer.

Note that a lot of the posters responding to your question are talking the injected bikes - now I don't know that the screens are interchangeable, but I doubt they would be. I had a bit of a hard time finding the DB for my bike - was told at the time that it was "the last one". just FYI.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MB4duc said:
I can think of plenty of reasons to ask for the MRA double bubble screen, but maybe that's because I have one on my bike :)

The MRA is the best quality screens I have ever seen. Also it's more double, or is it more bubble, than the other alternatives I know of, so it gives more wind protection without the turbulence that some of the ''touring'' screens have...

The look of the MRA is actually a bit more like the screens on the racers, they often have taller screens, so maybe that's why MRA calls this type a ''Racing double bubble''

Cheers,
Morten
Morten,
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I kind of thought they had a different look than the ZG's.

Rz33v4: Sorry to be difficult... but then again, if I bought the same thing as everyone else did, I wouldn't have gotten a Duc (or more aptly, an SS for that matter!) would I? hehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts