Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, the IMOC is going to be held on Sunday, Sept. 18 from 10 -3 in Sturbridge, MA. at the Hamilton Rod & Gun Club.

Go to Join the Club for directions and details. Always a good show, see ya there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm hoping to go this year, I've never been to this show and hear its a great one to catch, lots of bikes.

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
Always try to make this one. It's normally the same day as the Lars Anderson show though.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
I love the IMOC but if the dates clash again I might go to Lars this time only because I have done IMOC last 2 years in a row. Also my scooter seems to be more appreciates at Lars.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure when the European Bike Day is at the Museum of Transportation. I've tried their site a few times www.mot.org with no sucess. Anyone have a date for it this year?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
did some searching, MOT.org is dead, but still listed on searches as their main site, however when you call the nice lady with a british accent directs you to

Larz Anderson Auto Museum - Home

anyway, looks like they finally got their act together and moved the event up a week, so it does not clash with IMOC,
however it's same weekend as http://www.rice-o-rama.com/ and it's a tough choice.
I'm hoping to attend however if anyone wants to say "hello" look for a rusty Vespa, not a shiny Ducati

here's a full schedule if anyone interested

8/13/11 - MG Rover Day
8/14/11 - Japanese Car Day
8/20/11 - Bicycle Day
8/21/11 - Ford Lincoln Mercury Day
8/28/11 - Swedish Car Day
9/10/11 - PorscheFest
9/11/11 - European Motorcycle Day
9/24/11 - BMW Day
9/25/11 - Mercedes Day
10/2/11 - Partsfest 2011
10/8/11 - GreenFest
10/9/11 - VW Day/Transporterfest
10/16/11 - Jeep & Truck Day
10/22/11 - Extinct Car Day
10/23/11 - Studebaker Day

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the research Dimitry!

Oct. 22, Saturday - Extinct Car day I wonder how many Plymouth, Oldsmobile and Saturns will be there .....?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went last year but the GT was in the shop, so this year will be great to ride up. I'll be joined with a group of roughly 6-10;). See you guys up there for the festivities!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I'm coming up with about 6 bikes from SW CT - Fairfield and New Haven counties. The weather is spectacular and I'm guessing there's going to be a ton of bikes on board. Good time to see friends, meet people and generally recognize other riders.

Hope to see you all there. :)

Ron

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
"I'm coming up with about 6 bikes from SW CT - Fairfield and New Haven counties. The weather is spectacular and I'm guessing there's going to be a ton of bikes on board. Good time to see friends, meet people and generally recognize other riders.

Hope to see you all there.

Ron"

Ron,
Pretty sure I got to admire your bike as I have been thinking about getting an ST.
There were many beautiful bikes there, among them an 888 and 996R, not to mention some lovely bevels. Great turnout.
I was fortunate enough to come home with a trophy for the desmosedici. Had a great but somewhat chilly ride out and a wonderful sunny trip back.
Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Mark,
The silver ST3?

Did you get the belts adjusted? Wouldn't want a "Best Belt Drive Ducati" trophy winner to be running around with sloppy belts! Too funny, belts on a DD16, what'll they think of next? Congrats on the win!

What a great day, a little soggy in some areas, but still a great day!

Always a pleasure,
Frank

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Mark,
The silver ST3?

Did you get the belts adjusted? Wouldn't want a "Best Belt Drive Ducati" trophy winner to be running around with sloppy belts! Too funny, belts on a DD16, what'll they think of next? Congrats on the win!

What a great day, a little soggy in some areas, but still a great day!

Always a pleasure,
Frank
Frank,
Thanks my friend. I am hoping I get credit for pointing that little nugget out to the powers that be (lol). What a great day though, around beautiful bikes and many friends.
Hope to see you and all my friends again next year. And let me know when you're ready to move on as I like your bike too!
Cheers pal,
Mark

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the kind words about a "plain vanilla" ST3. I have to admit, I'm not in too much of a hurry to be moving on from the ST, I'm having way too much fun with it!
If I see one come up locally, at give-away pricing, I'll give you shout.
If you can swing the time away, there is another show at the Larz Anderson Field/Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA. It's usually held on the Sunday before the IMOC. Euro Bike Day has a pretty diverse collection of British, German and Italian rides, old new and exotic. They would go insane if you brought your DD16. I think the site is www.larzanderson.org
All the Best,
Frank

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
there is another show at the Larz Anderson Field/Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA. It's usually held on the Sunday before the IMOC. Euro Bike Day has a pretty diverse collection of British, German and Italian rides, old new and exotic. They would go insane if you brought your DD16. I think the site is Larz Anderson Auto Museum - Home
All the Best,
Frank
There is a link and poster for Larz on previous page in this same thread.

My 748 was parked right next to those two!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts