Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics from IMOC in Sturbridge... enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Nice shots. Is that your FE in the background of the 851 pic? Putting some up from Larz in a minuet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice shots. Is that your FE in the background of the 851 pic? Putting some up from Larz in a minuet.
Yup that's my FE... and I conveniently took the shot to hide my front fender... which is red, taken from the 851 in the foreground. My c/f fender is being re-sprayed to hopefully shine it up a bit.

Just an "ok" turnout... I liked the modern Bimotas there (I should post one of those pics), but only 2 bevels and 2 early pantahs (if you count the allazurra there). Guzzi seemed to have a larger turnout than Ducati.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My buds and I took the ride up..nice time :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There seemed to be quite a few nice ST's up there... one with some hard bags next to a 1098S... yours?
Anyway - I said I liked the modern Bimotas, so here are a few more... I normally don't go for the modern, angular look, but something about these looks "right".

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Yup that's my FE... and I conveniently took the shot to hide my front fender... which is red, taken from the 851 in the foreground. My c/f fender is being re-sprayed to hopefully shine it up a bit.
I thought that 851 fender looked good on your bike! Maybe you'd have better luck getting that fender painted silver:D ?

The DB7 is sweet!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that 851 fender looked good on your bike! Maybe you'd have better luck getting that fender painted silver:D ?

The DB7 is sweet!

Ack! I just noticed you can see the fender in the background behind the red bevel SS. At this point, I'll take it in lime green... That's what I get for using a painter who still races on the weekends! But I can't rush perfection - Maybe I'll get it back over the winter.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks. I was up in Franconia Notch on a motorcycle camping trip with 5 other guys or you would have seen my '02 Bayliss there. Do you Coventry guys go over to Motoconsult in Mansfield?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been over to Motoconsult a couple of times... a friend of mine used to race with/against Ben, back in the day and told me to talk to him about dyno-ing my FE to get the carbs sorted. By the time I got over there, he was selling the dyno. I talked to him about some parts for a project I'm working on too... but other than that, I haven't been by there in quite a few months.

How are they doing there?

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Do you Coventry guys go over to Motoconsult in Mansfield?
I was there once right after someone posted a link on NEDOC in a thread about CT service (you maybe?). Cool place, lots of eye candy! I am in the middle of my 24K maintenance and will need oil and antifreeze. Good excuse to return!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It probably wasn't me, since I've never actually had any service done there. But I'm interested in hearing your experience (even if you're just buying supplies)... seems like a good group of guys, and while I was there, Ben gave me his philosophy on customer service, building good relationships, and keeping people happy... seems passionate about his business, so I hope he succeeds. By the time I left, we had a small group (workers and customers) standing around bull-sh*tting about the Daytona 200 ...shows how long it's been since I've been over there.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
I think it was bruce19 that posted the link on NEDOC. I'm going to try to get over there today. I need a 3MM closer. My EMS shim kit is out of the 3MMs, and I am too lazy to sand down a 3.05! Hopefully he is willing to sell parts like shims.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Ben's business has definitely picked up since Dave Rosen joined him. Dave was the Sales Mgr at Gengras and is now doing all the buying/selling of bikes. Their new showroom is pretty nice. My Bayliss will be spending the Winter up in their second floor display window. BTW, anyone who has an interest in dropping by for a beer some day is welcome. I'm on Rte. 87 in Lebanon. I think we are 4 mi. from the intersection of Rtes. 66 & 87. If you know the Log Cabin Restaurant (used to be Uncle D's) you know the area where we live.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume he wants it as a show piece and isn't charging you a "storage fee" to keep it there? Sounds much better than an ice cold garage. Gone are the days where my wife would allow me to wheel the bike into the house for the winter...

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Believe me there will be no storage fee. :) Knowing Ben I expect he will offer to clean it or something. I rode it today for about 75 mi. Went down to Bob's in Waterford to pick up some socks. God it's going to be hard for me to put it away for the Winter.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
I'm going to try to get over there today. I need a 3MM closer. My EMS shim kit is out of the 3MMs, and I am too lazy to sand down a 3.05! Hopefully he is willing to sell parts like shims.

I went there, and as I hoped, he was willing to sell individual shims! Excellent shop. Very glad it's near by. Picked up a few other items and will definitely go back.

Bike's coming back together, slowly! All intake closers loosened up. Weird. Everything else was as I left them at the last check. I really need to get a sniffer to set my O2 at idle...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts