Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question to those of you that have turned your immobilizer off.

Does the key icon on the dash blink all the time or does it turn off?

I loaded a bin that I turned the immobilizer off in and when I turned the key on, the dash icon just blinked continuously like it wasn't recognizing the key. I didn't try to start the bike at this time, so I don't know what is going to happen. I got cold feet and reloaded the other map. I guess if I was going to brick the ecu it would have happened by now.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
The light will continue to work even though there is no immobilizer, I often remove a component (dash or antenna) to test that it is gone but the light remains.

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then, I'm going to have to deal with a blinking dash indicator all the time if I turn off the immobilizer? That sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
I have not lived with a de-imobilized bike but I want to say it is no different than when the system is functioning. It simply thinks it is still working.

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. That wasn't my initial observation.

On a bike with the immobilizer active, the dash icon flashes until it recognizes the key and then turns off. The immo-off bin I loaded had the dash icon flashing all the time. It never seemed to recognize the key. This doesn't mean it wasn't turned off in the ecu because something was different, hence the different behavior of the dash icon. I guess I'll just have to try it and see what happens. I really don't want to have to ride around with that blinking icon, though.

Anyone else with their experience?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have flashed over 20 ECU's for Hypermotards and Sport Classic's and you would never know
that the Immobilizer was turned off everything is exactly the same as if it was on. The only
change is the bike starts w/o checking for a matching key and dash code.

·
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'll try again later and hit the starter and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts