Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I took my 06 st3 on it's first hot weather trip.
everthing was great except that I thought I was going to have cook nuts by the time I got home. anyone else have a really hot seat and has anyone have any good permenant solutions. it the stock seat.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Roasted nuts....

Yep, summers in CT and TX can be pretty brutal... I got one of those beaded seat covers, which I strap on to my ST3 seat in the warm months. Works great, comes off quickly and easily, stores under the seat, cheap. Bought mine online, but don't remember where - easy enough to find with Google.

Thought of something else - after a while, the seat shouldn't be such a problem... maybe it's the heat from the engine, captured by the fairing, then running up your leg? I wrapped the exhaust pipes with thermal tape (despite apprehensions from others on this board) and it has made a HUGE difference in riding heat.

My brother from another mother, RickMillerTX, has installed some foil-type heat-deflecting insulation on the bottom side of his tank, which he says has helped a bunch.

Good luck,
George

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Recently I took my 06 st3 on it's first hot weather trip.
everything was great except that I thought I was going to have cook nuts by the time I got home. anyone else have a really hot seat and has anyone have any good permanent solutions. it the stock seat.
I have the same seat on my ST2, the problem maybe that the seat contains gel for some of the padding to make it more comfortable but is said to retain heat causing discomfort for some.
Some guys make sure not to leave it parked in the sun to avoid heating the seat & others have done what George & Rick have done above.
You can open your knees up and let cooling air in to relive the cooking process as well.
I keep a wet/damp microfibre towel in a ziplock bag for cleaning visor and wetting down the seat, seems to help.
Different riding pants may help as well.

Craig

·
Registered
244 Posts
G'day...

A custom made sheepskin cover will do the job too..

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts