Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A ducati fan for over 50 years, I've had a few Ducatis. After a 12-year love affair with a 2004 999, it became clear than I'm no longer in a place where a superbike is the right choice for me. I just couldn't abandon my love for Ducati magic, so I suspected that a sport touring option would be the right solution. A couple of days ago I became the proud owner of a 2004 ST3. She's red and beautiful with only 20,000 miles on her. Loaded with extra goodies: a Ohlins shock (off of an ST4S I believe), a Sargent seat, Marchesini wheels, Staintune exhaust, Helibars, heated grips, and more. How could I resist? I am just started to become in tune with her and am looking forwards to many miles of bliss. I look forward to interacting with this forum and hope that, with you assistance, I will be able to tame this steed to be all of what I hope that she will be!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Welcome to the ST series, sounds like you got beauty, we’d all love to see some pictures of your new ride. Lots of advice and encouragement on the Sport Touring forum, cheers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have one too! Welcome to the family. I remember reading that the median age of ST3 owners was 54. Right about when I got mine. They age well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy these bikes like we do. If I was ever forced to have just one ride, this would be it. And let's see some pics too.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have one too! Welcome to the family. I remember reading that the median age of ST3 owners was 54. Right about when I got mine. They age well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love those red gold wheels. In 13 years of ownership it looks like I have slipped over the median age for ST ownership....a couple or so years ago!

And to the OP...congratulations on your new ride :)

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I DO like those gold wheels! Thank you for welcoming to the ST group. Things were very busy this weekend preparing for Thanksgiving, but I did have a chance to give my ST3 a washing and took a couple of quick pics. It's getting cold and snow is forecast soon, but I'll take some more pictures once the weather improves.

ST3_washed.jpg
ST3_washed2.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
413 Posts
Good for you ! my ST3s might be best bike I ever owned second only to a ‘72 Commando which beats it in length of ownership only ..... the ST’s are brilliant all rounders , great for just about any task and so far for me very reliable after 65000kms , no major issues other than regular maintenance and services which with shop manual I have managed myself , bike has not been back to dealer since break in ..... wish you the best of luck with your ST3 , bet you going to love it
Craig

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, very well! A warm welcome! It's been an enjoyable first year with my 06 ST3. I would love to own a 999 but i would be in pain.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I have a 2005 ST3 with Staintune pipes, your ST looks like it has them as well. I had a chance to pick up a set of Marchesini wheels for mine so I swapped 'em out and kept the factory 3 spokes. Your ST appears to have the Marchesini wheels as well which I believe were standard on the ST3S and 4S models.

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 2005 ST3 with Staintune pipes, your ST looks like it has them as well. I had a chance to pick up a set of Marchesini wheels for mine so I swapped 'em out and kept the factory 3 spokes. Your ST appears to have the Marchesini wheels as well which I believe were standard on the ST3S and 4S models.
Yes, that is my suspicion as well. I am the third owner and I suspect that the first owner installed them. They sure are much nicer that the stock ST3 wheels. I am SO fortunate to have gotten this ST3. It has been very well maintain and has some many add ons that probably cost as much as what I ending up paying for it.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I love mine and find it a very competent sports tourer. The Staintunes sound magnificent and look great, too. Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, very well! A warm welcome! It's been an enjoyable first year with my 06 ST3. I would love to own a 999 but i would be in pain.
Thank you! I'm looking for an enjoyable year once the weather gets better again. The 999 is an awesome bike, but the riding position has made long distance riding too uncomfortable. When I finally let it go, it will be like losing an old friend...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts