Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a big idiot I was pulling up onto the sidewalk in front of my house and somehow lost my footing and dropped my HM. I had the front wheel turned just right and hit the brakes a little abrupt.
Dropped is a little harsh, more like I caught it and slowed it's decent. Damage...one small scratch on the peg and bumped the handguard in the grass. I broke the two small cheezy plastic brackets where the outer screws secure the front plastic handguard onto the side bracket. No biggie, it was easily fixed. I flimsy design for sure, the little brackets molded as part of the front handguard are a thin little box that capture the nut. I did look up buying a new front guard...$232, you gotta be "F'n" Sh*tting me. I can't tell if thats the complete guard minus the turn signal or just the front guard. Either way its a joke. No wonder insurance companies total bikes for the most minor damage.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
It sucks and it happens dood. At least your okay and have nothing but a 'bruised ego'... :eek:

It's nuts how much some of this stuff cost. :mad:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
If i do a tumpety tump tump it will only cost me $500, i have good insurance

·
Registered
730 Posts
I broke my handguard at the same spot on a low speed drop. I went home that night and through bolted the parts back together with two machine screws.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here - clipped the garage door on the way in and snap... or maybe that was the sound my checkbook made... flimsy cheap crap.

OP, I'm curious how you fixed it. I started to do the same and then decided to just get a different set up and didn't follow through.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I broke my handguard on a side view mirror splitt'n lanes down the 101. I researched the cost of new handguards and almost had a heart attack! I went the cheese ball route and used a couple black zip ties. $235.00 or $0.25 I will let you be the judge

·
Registered
190 Posts
Was it still $165?
don't have it in front of me, but that sounds correct. i spent a little more, as he had mirror mounts in stock as well. i have not been able to locate mirrors yet. cassos had some aprilia tuono mirrors that looked really nice, but there is only one on fleabay at the moment and they are asking as much for that one as he paid for the pair. i'm going to keep looking around.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I ordered these guys...
http://www.motostrano.com/se8comi.html
Should be getting here tonight. And they include the brake/clutch mount bracket dealybobber.
Not bad, I spent the $110 for the ducati stock mirror relocators (The come one in a box for $55) and use a second set of stock mirrors. You can't lane split with the foldouts. I may go with the Zeta setup and sell off my stock bars and handguards.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I broke my handguard on a side view mirror splitt'n lanes down the 101. I researched the cost of new handguards and almost had a heart attack! I went the cheese ball route and used a couple black zip ties. $235.00 or $0.25 I will let you be the judge

Almost had a heart attack? I did have one when I saw the price. Turned out the hospital bill was cheaper then replacing the handguard! LOL!

Heck I can reverse engineer the guard, model it in Solidworks, have my buddy CNC mill an injection mold and have them made for cheaper than buying them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts