Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

I'm Crushed!

3K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  MajorSoftie 
Hey Muschi

Hey Muschi,
"they already made performance harleys when
the italians weren't even dreaming of radios."

The trouble is they haven't changed since then, apart from maybe the XR1200 and the V Rod but like most americans it is a tad overweight, don't you think?

Europeans seem to think that 'Hardly Doanythings' as they are nicknamed are for people with no knowledge of motorcycles. HD is having a hard time breaking through that barrier. This probably influenced the purchase of MV.

I personally think that it is a lifestyle choice and each to their own.

The tassles would get on my nerves though.

Regards Nick

Credit Crunch Xenophobia

It seems that the conspiracy theory gremlins have invaded my brain, let's see an American Motorcycle Magazine testing an American Motorcycle against a foreign import - isn't everyone in their own countries being told to 'buy American' 'buy British' etc etc.

Our own magazines in the UK seem to blow Triumphs trumpet very loudly and I'm not sure whether we all suffer from xenophobia or what? Both my son's own Triumphs and of course I had to test them throughly and give fatherly approval for the genuinely good Street Triple and the genuinely quirky but still very lovable Thruxton (it has shit front suspension but still rides the bumps better than my SC1000!).

They didn't want Ducati's because of a perceived conception that our bikes cost a lot to maintain and service even though I have not had to spend anything outside service items.

Our magazines did say they liked the XR and it's ride but then again Superbike magazine reckons the SC1000 S has very smooth suspension that soaks up most of the bumps - they must have riding it on a very large billiard table

I have concluded that it is all a matter of perception and in order to break that, we must have an open mind and test ride these bikes to formulate our own opinions - if you like it great, if you don't, well so will others.

Regards Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.