Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike fell over in garage :(

1. broke tank hold-down clasp (need a new one). Anyone know where I can get a new one?

2. scrapped right side fairing (lower portion)..just at the crease only.

3. cracked right side fairing around turn signal light (trying to fix). Any suggestions?

4. scrapped mirror a little

5. cracked turn signal lens

Weight/counterbalance just got the best of me :(

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
OUCH! i feel your pain:(:(its all fixable. at least you didn't dent the tank.:eek:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dude, that sucks! I've almost dropped my Roadstar Warrior twice in the garage while sitting on it and admiring it and then forgetting to put the side stand down before leaning it over to get off of it. Talk about an adrenaline rush. :eek:

Glad all the damage isn't too bad. With a bike as nice as that, you'll probably want to get the fairings professionally fixed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I still am bummed, but will get it fixed asap. It kills me to have this blemish, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Will look for a local repair shop to help. Maybe Duc of Seattle can recommend someone???

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dropped mine, 10 minutes after signing the papers, less than 1/2 mile from the dealership! Slipped on a puddle of gas on the ground at a gas station. Had the bike had a few more degrees of steering I could have saved her but probably would have injured my back trying. Itwas the most depressing 135 mile ride home I can remember.

Fairing repair, repaint w/ clear & turn signal replacement - $400.00+ :mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you are a little bit skilled, you can repair the fairing on your own, using a little of fiberglass (put in the back side of the fairing) to give it resistance, then use some plaster to cover the irregularity of the broken part.
After use some sand paper to scrap the fairing until it is matte (because when it's matte it means it's ready to paint), and when you have done took it to the painter... maybe it will take a little time, but the fairing will be ready to paint and it will cost less ; )

i think you will spend around 100$ to paint a ready fairing, go to talk to some painter and ask them!

ps... you can paint it on your own... but it's very difficult and you spend almost the same $

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OUCH!!!...That would have made me sick (as I'm sure it did you). But the bike looks amazing now and I'm sure you haven't dropped since. I learned my lesson for sure. They DON'T turn so sharp in the garage.

Dropped mine, 10 minutes after signing the papers, less than 1/2 mile from the dealership! Slipped on a puddle of gas on the ground at a gas station. Had the bike had a few more degrees of steering I could have saved her but probably would have injured my back trying. Itwas the most depressing 135 mile ride home I can remember.

Fairing repair, repaint w/ clear & turn signal replacement - $400.00+ :mad:

·
Registered
570 Posts
The weird thing about this was the salesman warned me about being careful making U-turns before my test ride. He said many people have either dropped or crashed our particular model because they don't realize the lack of steering input in slow turns. Wasn't sure why he would say that to an experienced motorcycle rider (not Ducati) until I tried to negotiate my first U-turn going to the gas station. I felt the bike start to lean too much and I almost lost it because I tried to turn the wheel a few more degrees to counter the lean. Almost piss my pants. Who new only a few minutes later I would just drop the bike. And yes I vomited in the nearby bush after the incident. :(

I could have repaired the damage myself since I have lots of experience repairing plastic and fiberglass. I also have a paint gun but the incident was so traumatic to me, I just paid to have it done. Plus black is one of the hardest colors to match perfectly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have had the same reaction. It is sickening to damage such a beautiful bike. You've done a great job bringing back to pristine condition.

I'm thinking of waiting until winter before I get the fairing fixed, so 1) I can continue to ride during our temporary nice weather and 2) allow more time while I'm learning incase I drop again...heaven forbid.

Got a quote to repair fairing = $300

The weird thing about this was the salesman warned me about being careful making U-turns before my test ride. He said many people have either dropped or crashed our particular model because they don't realize the lack of steering input in slow turns. Wasn't sure why he would say that to an experienced motorcycle rider (not Ducati) until I tried to negotiate my first U-turn going to the gas station. I felt the bike start to lean too much and I almost lost it because I tried to turn the wheel a few more degrees to counter the lean. Almost piss my pants. Who new only a few minutes later I would just drop the bike. And yes I vomited in the nearby bush after the incident. :(

I could have repaired the damage myself since I have lots of experience repairing plastic and fiberglass. I also have a paint gun but the incident was so traumatic to me, I just paid to have it done. Plus black is one of the hardest colors to match perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts