Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in touch with a local dealer about cam belts, tools for installation and so on. oh he that is very tricky job and the tools are expensive and a must have. Is he tring to scare me, or is it actually way easier. I'd like to hear from some of you, cam belts and shim changes easy right?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I don't know what bike you have, but my ST2 (2-valve heads) was easy to check/adjust the valves and to change the belts. The "trickiest" part of the job was making sure the bike was at TDC and using feeler gauges. I didn't use any specialty tools, and none that cost much money at all........I bet your tech would have told me I did it wrong, though. I haven't done my 748, yet, but I have a spare set of complete heads that I've taken apart and played with, so I'm sure that shouldn't be a problem, either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My local dealer told me that I "absolutely cannot" service the valves on my ST3. In a seperate conversation he told me that most of his profit came from the service department. Hmmmm, I think I see something going on here. I intend to do all of the required maintenance as it is needed. Just do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts