Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...purchasing a multistrada. My current bike is a 2004 BMW 1150RS, which I bought while planning to tour 2up and commute alone. Turns out I commute 99% of the time and the wife prefers to have her own bike. I'm looking at the multi because it seems a lighter, more tossable bike with a more relaxed riding position. I'm guessing my payments would go down as well.

Do you think the difference between my bike and the multi would warrant the switch, and if so would I be happy with the 620's power or should I go with the 1000?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I don't know how your local dealer is about test rides, but you really should try both the multi's and then you can really decide for your self about the differences. I have a 1000, but look through the forum here and read some of the older posts about the 620. I don't remember hearing anything negative about its power. however, if a little is good.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm just back from 2300 miles on my MTS 1000 and I'll say that it was perfect. The odd thing was that I was rarely in top gear. My cruising speed was probably around 80 and if I clicked it up it was sluggish and the faring would vibrate more than I like. That said, the 620 may be "good enough" but you will be in top gear if you plan on cruising. I've riden a 620 monster and it seemed a bit anemic to me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
redamnavit said:
...purchasing a multistrada. My current bike is a 2004 BMW 1150RS, which I bought while planning to tour 2up and commute alone. Turns out I commute 99% of the time and the wife prefers to have her own bike. I'm looking at the multi because it seems a lighter, more tossable bike with a more relaxed riding position. I'm guessing my payments would go down as well.

Do you think the difference between my bike and the multi would warrant the switch, and if so would I be happy with the 620's power or should I go with the 1000?
I just bought a 620 Multistrada a couple of days ago. While it does not have
the scoot of my Z750S or K12GT, power is more than reasonable even on the freeway at 75+. Handling, particularly in town, is far superior (read flickable) than either of my two bikes. It fits my purpose of a day rider, but I'd consider the 1000 if I was going to occasionally over nite tour or occasionally 2up. My suggestion is that if it is going to be your only ride, get the 1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts