Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and I need some assistance from the Ducati members on the forum. I'm looking to purchase an 848, and I called Spectrum Motorsports and Ducati of Newport Beach to procure quotes from both places. My question to the members on the forum is.....

...Which Ducati location would you recommend in Southern California? Who should I speak with at the recommended location?

For those that own 848's....

...What is the bottom line cost of the bike, and how low of a cost should I reasonably try to obtain this bike for? What is the average monthly payment for an 848 (..i.e..financing terms, apr, down payment, etc.; I have a 740 score)?

Thanks in advance DucatiMS.

P.S. Title edit, I meant pull the trigger :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Who are you talking with @ DNB?

My man Aaron is out for few weeks, got in a motorcycle accident...Eric or Sean ?

I got a very, very good deal with them...

I looked @ Brea and Spectrum before buying it from DNB...

MSRP is $13,995...

you can go to DMV's website and find out how much are the DMV fees...

make a offer...start low...

I made a very good deal which included leo vince slip-on, rear seat cowl and other [email protected] cost...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My man Aaron is out for few weeks, got in a motorcycle accident...Eric or Sean ?

I got a very, very good deal with them...

I looked @ Brea and Spectrum before buying it from DNB...

MSRP is $13,995...

you can go to DMV's website and find out how much are the DMV fees...

make a offer...start low...

I made a very good deal which included leo vince slip-on, rear seat cowl and other [email protected] cost...
I'm working with Sean as we speak. :) He worked out a sweet deal on a bike, but I'm waiting to receive numbers from another place for comparison. My buddy Tony just purchased an 1198s from Aaron/Sean at Ducati of Newport Beach, and he really enjoyed his purchase experience.

·
Registered
80 Posts
did you also check out del amo in torrance (i think it is torrance, north side of 405 at inglewood ave). they are pretty good too. all three of those dealers seem to be pretty good. i've bought stuff at each and had no complaints. spectrum is definitely the most 'ducati' of all of them though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chad at Spectrum
Tell him Greg Hauser said to see him
Good luck and let use know how it works out for you

Will do! I'm going down to Spectrum on Friday to try to work out a deal.

ph0ust, thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely consider it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wait and get a 2010 848 dark, it's a thousand dollars less base price at $12,999 and it is the same mechanically as the standard and Hayden 848's, at least as far as I can tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would call Spectrum before you drive out there. I heard a rumor that they are going bust and DNA showed up with a truck and repo-ed up all their new inventory.

I have dealt with every Ducati dealership in SoCal. Newport and Pro Italia are by far the two best dealerships around. They are straight shooters and don't screw around with you. Everyone in the both stores is very knowledgeable, very confidence inspiring.

If all you care about is absolute lowest price Bert's can probably beat most others but they don't know shit about Ducati (sales or service). They just have too many other products to sell to concern themselves with learning about a bike they probably won't sell many of. This is also the case at Del Amo but maybe not as bad.

Beverly Hills Ducati is decent but sometimes you can get the elitist attitude from them. Just comes with the territory of where they are located and who they tend to sell to. They also tend to be a little more expensive.

If you don't mind the drive GP in San Diego is decent but very small.

Good luck

Cpt DB

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait and get a 2010 848 dark, it's a thousand dollars less base price at $12,999 and it is the same mechanically as the standard and Hayden 848's, at least as far as I can tell.
I am seriously considering the Dark. I spoke with Spectrum and DNB, and they all confirmed that the specifications should be identical.

I would call Spectrum before you drive out there. I heard a rumor that they are going bust and DNA showed up with a truck and repo-ed up all their new inventory.

I have dealt with every Ducati dealership in SoCal. Newport and Pro Italia are by far the two best dealerships around. They are straight shooters and don't screw around with you. Everyone in the both stores is very knowledgeable, very confidence inspiring.

If all you care about is absolute lowest price Bert's can probably beat most others but they don't know shit about Ducati (sales or service). They just have too many other products to sell to concern themselves with learning about a bike they probably won't sell many of. This is also the case at Del Amo but maybe not as bad.

Beverly Hills Ducati is decent but sometimes you can get the elitist attitude from them. Just comes with the territory of where they are located and who they tend to sell to. They also tend to be a little more expensive.

Good luck

Cpt DB
Does GP offer competitive pricing? I've been to Bert's many times since I live fairly close to them, but they seem to be unwilling to budge on price.

Don't you mean you're going to "pull the trigger"?
That was in my P.S. edit in my original post. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
they didn't...

hahm use to have 2-3 ducs in the back...hahm went out bus in june-july...

There grand opening was Aug 22nd weekend...I picked up my 2009 848 on Aug 22nd...

Mike is the owner, most of they guys there are from spectrum...They completely remodeled...

I like the F4 that is parked in front of Mike's office...Its his baby...

I was there today...got HUGE discount on few things I bought...I mean HUGE...I don't think I can post it...they really make you fell like a VIP...

If you get a bike from them, they always make you fell like a VIP...deals on hardware...service...

Buying 696 from them for my wife next year...

·
Registered
638 Posts
+1

Good luck

Cpt DB

Almost everyone at DNB also go to track days...they know Ducati bikes inside out...I think they are going to Start DNB Track Days starting spring of 2010...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does GP offer competitive pricing? I've been to Bert's many times since I live fairly close to them, but they seem to be unwilling to budge on price.
Just call them and ask if they can beat what ever deal you have on the table so far. If they can't just call the next dealer and so on. Let them get into a bidding war for your business. That is the one good thing about living in SoCal: lots of Ducati dealers.

But as stated earlier you cannot go wrong with DNB or Pro Italia. After you found the dealership with the lowest price go back to these guys and see if they will match it.

Don't get too hung up on the absolute lowest price though. You would be better off paying a couple hundred bucks more to a dealership you can trust. Just my opinion.

Cpt DB

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just call them and ask if they can beat what ever deal you have on the table so far. If they can't just call the next dealer and so on. Let them get into a bidding war for your business. That is the one good thing about living in SoCal: lots of Ducati dealers.

But as stated earlier you cannot go wrong with DNB or Pro Italia. After you found the dealership with the lowest price go back to these guys and see if they will match it.

Don't get too hung up on the absolute lowest price though. You would be better off paying a couple hundred bucks more to a dealership you can trust. Just my opinion.

Cpt DB

Good advice Cpt DB. I rode a 999s yesterday because there was no demo 848. It was my first time on a Ducati, so I took it easy. It was quite a different riding experience coming from a GSXR.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts