Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I couldn't get my bike started and after troubleshooting it for a day I finally found that the 4 wires from my ignition button and kill switch was either cut or snapped. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

The day that bike wouldn't start I had to jam on the brakes and was on uneven ground which caused the handle bars to snap to the side which is the only thing I could think of that would have caused it other then someone cutting them. There is also a factory zip tie near by with a sharp end that could have cut the wires but it all just seems fishy.

My worry is someone cut the wires knowing I wouldn't be able to start the bike and having to leave it at work. Which I did, but hide it in a secluded location.

Anyway if anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I couldn't get my bike started and after troubleshooting it for a day I finally found that the 4 wires from my ignition button and kill switch was either cut or snapped. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

The day that bike wouldn't start I had to jam on the brakes and was on uneven ground which caused the handle bars to snap to the side which is the only thing I could think of that would have caused it other then someone cutting them. There is also a factory zip tie near by with a sharp end that could have cut the wires but it all just seems fishy.

My worry is someone cut the wires knowing I wouldn't be able to start the bike and having to leave it at work. Which I did, but hide it in a secluded location.

Anyway if anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear it.
Pictures????

·
Registered
169 Posts
If the sharp zip tie did it you would see rub marks do you ? I dont think stopping hard would have done it but if so wouldnt snap wires clean IE if cut by someone.. Is it somewhere u could access fast to cut ?
I think Pics would tell alot...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Would take a lot to snap a wire by pulling it? You would see an hourglassing of the wire & whiteing where it had stretched...

Sounds like somebody has been dicking around with your bike.... :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'll take a pic later when I get home and fix it properly, it's just taped now. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. That wire is very thin and I grabbed the same gauge out of our shop and was able to snap it clean in two with zero effort.

Here's the housing that I found on the ground. Looks torn apart not cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts