Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased a 2019 desert sled from an auction and it came with two black keys but the ignition tumbler has been destroyed and is no longer on the bike. What are my options?
1. Can I buy a used ignition tumbler and just have the original key next to the ignition sensor when starting?
2. Can I buy a used ignition tumbler, have the immobilizer disabled and be good?
3. Or do I have to get a new keys, tumbler, gas cap, seat lock, and gauge from the dealer? (this is by far the most undesirable because its gonna cost me a kidney)
4. Is there any other option to get this fixed that I do not know about?

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
... (this is by far the most undesirable because its gonna cost me a kidney) ...
... let's hope not ... we already have one member who had to wait eighteen years for a kidney donor ... eighteen years on dialysis ... can't even imagine.

Good luck with the bike. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Buying a savaged ducati is always a risky prospect unless you just plan to part it out....

I would think that the easiest and less expensive start would be --> you could buy a used tumbler and have a locksmith set it up for your original key. The antena signals the ecu that the key is correct (the tumbler is just a mechanical part)??
Was that the only part damaged? i.e the guage is there still (cant tell from your pic).

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Looks like you got lucky the the switch only reads the keys code the immobilizer is
in the instrument panel so if you pick up a used switch and have it keyed to your keys
you will be good to go.
scram1.jpg
scram.jpg

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts