Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little trouble shooting help from you guys. I took the bike out today, after cleaning/sealing the tank, and things were going OK, until about 20 minutes into the ride, the ignition started to cut out. It eventually died shortly after, I just had enough time to get off the freeway. I left it there for a few minutes and on the off chance it would start, I tried it and it fired right up. It wasn't running great, so i decided to get back home. This time it took about 10 minutes, and it cutout again (same fashion). I repeated this until I got back home.

Note that if I tried to start immediately after stopping, it would simply not start. It's as if something needed to cool down for a few minutes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
check your vent lines on your tank. when it cuts out, try opening the filler and see if you hear anything, and if it will start right up after. kinda sounds like a vacuum lock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh, that could be. I also just realized that the fuel line was slightly crimped. I secured it with a zip tie while I was cleaning the tank and forgot to remove it. Thanks very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts