Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I purchased an ignition module directly from Ignitech. The guys there sent we a unit already customised to run with a bike (1000 engine) using a hall effect sensor. It came wired and they said it was plug and play...

I have now fitted it, but the bike will only run on the vertical cylinder? I have loaded up and run the configuration software, and all seems OK there, but it wont fire the second plug, even when I use the test tab. I have swapped over the coils, and even substituted them for a pair of known good ones.

I have sent the wiring diagram to Jiri at Ignitech who has looked over the settings (i did screen shots) and has now asked me to send the ignition data file, which I have done. They have been very responsive to emails but I guess they are away now until Monday but I really wanted it running!

any suggestions from you guys? there seems to be a lot of experience with the ignition on here...

Here is my connection list (the terminal highlighted yellow came pre-wired)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did I say they were responsive to Emails? I take it back... no reply now for days, despite several emails asking for help/updates. I am beginning to suspect its a faulty unit... so no support from them.

Any of you guys got an suggestions?

or even where I can buy an alternative ignition from?

·
Vendor
545 Posts
Did I say they were responsive to Emails? I take it back... no reply now for days, despite several emails asking for help/updates. I am beginning to suspect its a faulty unit... so no support from them.

Any of you guys got an suggestions?

or even where I can buy an alternative ignition from?
Not everyone is Amazon yet, they are a very small outfit so don't assume they are just blowing you off.

But you are off on your own escapade if you are fitting the unit to a bike and still keeping an ECU in the mix.

I have sold the units for over 10 years and have many in the field and no failures and no DOA units.

If I were you I would try to locate a rider who will let you plug your unit into his bike and start it up.

It should be just 5 minutes once you get to the Kokusan boxes. Just plug it in and start it up, if both plugs fire then you have an issue on your bike.

If only 1 plug fires, video it and send the video to Jiri so he knows the problem is/might be on his end.

As it is now (from most anyones perspective) you are asking for free troubleshooting on your hybrid configuration.

I'm not knocking you or saying you are not right but you need some evidence that the problem is possibly Ignitech's and not just yours.

I emailed with Jiri about this topic about 2 years ago (warranty etc.) and he said they get units sent back to them, claimed as defective, and when they test them the unit fine.

The test above will ensure you are not another case of that.

I have sold numerous units to riders with circa 1990 EFI (that was becoming intermittent) and in each case they went to carbs, added the TCIP4, removed the ECU and all was well.

Hope This Helps.

M./

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank,

the company have got back to me and we have discussed what may be wrong... I sent them the configuration file and they have bench tested this and said its OK. They have been very helpful now we are in communication with one another.

I went back to basics with the wiring (there are only a few) and it still wont spark on the second channel using the fire facility on the test tab. Its sparking on one Chanel with the engine turning over so this kind of proves the inductive pickup is OK ( i did initially think it was a hall sensor but since found out its inductive...)

I have sent the unit back to them today, so its a wait now to see what the guys say when they receive it back.

its on a Multistrada 1000 DS that has been converted to carbs, so in theory getting just the ignition to work should be simple... we will see! I will update when I know more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts