Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since reading the Cycle World article comparing the Sport 1000 to the XR1200, I’ve been thinking about how we perceive our motorcycles. Not just aesthetically, but “who” your bike is in the spectrum of other bikes. And in trying it through to a good analogy, I found myself comparing my bike to various cars to see if the comparison fit.

Sooooo…

Based on your personal perception, what car do you think might best personify the qualities you see in your bike?

Please note what you ride, and don’t apply any restrictions to your comparison. This is really for entertainment value only, so use any year or model you think suits the comparison best.

As for me, I think my GT is like a smaller BMW convertible or perhaps a Porsche Boxster- Maybe not the most practical vehicle, but good looking and a lot of fun!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great question...

I have never owned a bike that has received so many looks and positive comments as my/our Sport Classic. Almost everyone who looks at it has to say something; from SS Riders to Harley Rider they all say cool bike. The most common remark I get is "cool bike what is it?" They all want to know how old it is, how fast it goes, did I build it, etc....

Anyway, needless to say I love my Sport Classic, and if it was a car it would most definitely be Porsche Spyder or a Porsche Spyder Remake. Reason being: The Porsche Spyder is got to be one of the coolest looking cars around. It's looks o-so classy, and every buddy who is into cars has to appreciate the simplistic beauty of the Porsche Spyder.

I do not own one, but want to build a kit version one day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey everyone. i'm new to the forum and to the S1K family (coming off a monster). granted, this is a strange thread to make my introduction but i immediately thought of one car in particular when i saw the title of this thread.

fast, but not the fastest. newer technology, although not bleeding edge. with good balance of modern aesthetics and conversation starting retro style. the bmw mcoupe (which i'm fortunate enough to call my own).

it shares the garage with a '95 911, an '07 Audi RS4 and of course my new '06 S1K mono. I just got it two weeks ago and i'm already fully loving it. (as evident from the attached shot)

Anyway. Hello all, glad to be here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new ride!

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Come on, folks, these bikes are Italian! They should be compared to a Ferrari or a classic Alpha Romeo. :D

Compare German bikes to German Cars. ;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If my bike was a car I'd say what the fuck happened to my bike!

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I bought a new MkIII LeMans in 1982, Moto Guzzi had a magazine ad comparing the bike to a Ferrari - both were red, Italian, and sex on wheels. Something like that. I think of Harleys (have had a few...) as a '57 Chev with fuel injection. My SC1000 HAS to be Italian, probably an Alfa Romeo Brera, in V6 form. The difference is that I can afford the Ducati :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
:D... A nice ferrari, Yellow of course... or the "Pussy Wagon" from "Kill Bill"...:D

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If my bike was a car I'd sell the bloody thing and get a bike. Two wheels all the way!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ferrari Daytona?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Now that I have the Carrozerrias, Dunlop Qualifiers, Ohlins, 4 pot Brembos, billet triple clamps and Termis installed, my '06 Sport is the perfect compliment to my '08 Shelby GT: Retro sport looks with modern performance.

Of course, the Shelby came from the factory with all the trick parts pre-installed! The Sport...eh, not so much.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts