Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you buy a Diavel Given the current 2020 competition? To me some of what’s in the segment seems interesting. I watched a video that included the new Triumph R3 triple, Diavel, FXDR (surprised but I guess that’s Harley’s attempt at a muscle cruiser), V-Max. Honestly the VMax was intriguing but didn’t seem as Exciting as the Ducati or the Triumph. I’ve been leaning toward an XDiavel S but curious what owners think and if anyone would have considered any of the competitors.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Agreed. Of the bikes you've mentioned.....only the Diavel really makes me think about going that route.

I've ridden one and it's a fantastic motorcycle. It handles quite well, better in fact than I'd have thought with the beach ball sized rear tire. I've not ridden any of the others to compare it to, so take that with the salt it is intended to be consumed with.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The Harley is nice looking, very modern coming from them, but still ungodly heavy. As stated, the VMax is an old motorcycle design, haven’t seen the Triumph. I’d go with the Ducati.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I ran across a younger rider with a Diavel on one of my back roads some time ago.
Said he was a fairly new rider.
Said he had recently done a track day on it.
His chicken strips were slim to none, iirc. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Diavel is a WAY better motorcycle than the Harley FXDR. I've been on both and the FXDR is a fat, underpowered pig with crappy brakes and very little in the way of features. The FXDR can be a pretty bike with a lot of modifications, but it's simply not comparable to the Ducati. Besides, I just heard today that word from the dealers is Harley is cancelling both the Breakout and the FXDR for 2021. The Harley faithful just refuse to accept these designs and younger riders can't afford/don't want them.

I used to own a Breakout, and I got comments on it all the time. But the truth is it had the handling and performance characteristics of a cement truck. Seriously. It was comfortable for short distances in a straight line and it looked good at the coffee shop, but that's about it. The XDiavel completely and utterly destroyed the Breakout.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've had mine since new in 2012.

Still love it, have no intention of selling it, upgrading it etc. The 1260 is nice, but not nice enough for me to want to sell my Gen1 which is now perfect in my mind.

And i would never own a DiavelX, strange riding position, not sporty enough for me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had mine since new in 2012.

Still love it, have no intention of selling it, upgrading it etc. The 1260 is nice, but not nice enough for me to want to sell my Gen1 which is now perfect in my mind.

And i would never own a DiavelX, strange riding position, not sporty enough for me.
Well said, I always keep up with the competition, but my 2015 is still my beast and, just saying Ducati still feels "tops"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts