Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
All black? Yellow? Concrete grey? Something more technical, perhaps, like the Carlin Dunne bike?

Registered
All black, matte black 馃槑

Registered
Mmm, that yellow one looks nice.. like it..

I was going to do something real simple like maybe some white highlights like on the R tail piece on my all red solo cowl and make somewhere else. I whole color change would be cool. black or matte black would look awesome as well.

Registered
I dunno. I like simple. One or two main colors, small tasteful graphics. Black, Red, Yellow maybe blue with the white stripe or titanium gray with red wheels. Classic Ducati stuff. I don't care much for crazy, swoopy graphics....or ridlin addicted teen with a crayon graphics either:

Registered
I dunno. I like simple. One or two main colors, small tasteful graphics. Black, Red, Yellow maybe blue with the white stripe or titanium gray with red wheels. Classic Ducati stuff. I don't care much for crazy, swoopy graphics....or ridlin addicted teen with a crayon graphics either:
You know, back in the day I absolutely hated those crazy graffix on most Japaneese sportbikes. But now.., I don't know, I kinda like them, or have a soft spot for them. Nostalgia I guess.

As far as Streetfighters are concerned.., the above rendering in yellow is the first that I've seen with a screen covering the dash. I'm surprised how much of a difference it makes! The bike now looks complete to my eye. Without it, it looks like something fell off, or someone grabbed a bike off the assembly line before the final step.
Even though yellow isn't my jam, that rendering above looks absolutely badass! Like almost the best v4 I've seen, faired or unfaired!
I would replace the yellow with that titanium grey that was on a certain year of SF1098, and replace the stock wheels ( I absolutely despise the chicken feet wheels, have done since they were introduced on the original Pani in 2012, and it pains me that they're still ruining otherwise gorgeous bikes to this day!!) with some OZ GASS wheels, and call it a day, job done, my version of the perfect v4 SF

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
There was a photoshop somewhere of a black SFV4S. Looked evil.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
NYC Ducati just did a black custom. It's posted on their instagram.
There's a custom black Panigale posted on their Instagram, but I don't see a custom SF.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I hadn鈥檛 noticed it on this pic until just now, but they鈥檝e blacked out the radiator components on this bike. Also, the support piece above the engine. What say you, is that an improvement?

Bon Vivant
I hadn鈥檛 noticed it on this pic until just now, but they鈥檝e blacked out the radiator components on this bike. Also, the support piece above the engine. What say you, is that an improvement?

NO, the whole "blacked out" thing is boring and overdone. I do like the exhaust though. Personally I'd love to see some of the black painted body color, with gold wheels and the hint of an engine. Right now that gold slop in the middle where an engine should be looks more like generator or some other no-character mess of industrial machination.

Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Yes, much better I think. The only thing I hate are those fluid reservoirs poking up. Same for this one, which I really think looks awesome! They need to switch to coffin style reservoirs just for the looks.

Registered
Carlin Dunne - edition would be ideal for this model do a run of 500
Black/Grey of the older 1098S
Dream colors matrix green/marine blue

Bon Vivant
Yes, much better I think. The only thing I hate are those fluid reservoirs poking up. Same for this one, which I really think looks awesome! They need to switch to coffin style reservoirs just for the looks.

View attachment 984438
This bike doesnt look too bad. First of all the black is glossy like real paint and secondly it follows the painted design started on the bodywork so it flows well, and the red wings add a nice bit of bright contrast. I like it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts