Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been rumored that retired Formula One driver Michael Schumacher is selling his Desmo. It is #8, if he owns 8, who owns 1-8? After all he was and still is one of the highest paid, most successful, and most famous athletes of all time! Just a thought...

·
Registered
457 Posts
My guess is that the one that was sitting in the factory museum was #1. The others probably went to some rich friends of the company who we've never heard of.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I´m guessing Loris has the second, since he was the first to win a race on a D16. And even if Michael Schumacher is a great driver, he has no affiliation with Ducati at all.

I hope Giancarlo Falappa got one, not that i would trust him to ride it :D He was the first one to start doing wheelies over the finishing line.. EVER!

//amullo

·
Registered
849 Posts
I thought Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt were fighting over the FIRST ONE!!!:D

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
They were fighting over the first one shipped to the states.
they have it all wrong, if I were Tom I would say F the bike, I'll take Angelina.

·
Administrator
6,191 Posts
You guys think too small.
I would take the bike AND Angelina!
And make Tom hold the video camera, while Brad washed and waxed the bike.
(I mean come on, Tom is so short, he is a human tripod)
And I would ride off into the sunset with the video in pocket.......

LOL

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Tom took delivery of the first model into the United States, not sure if it was numbered #1 or not, Michael Jordan took delivery of his shortly there after. This came from the dealer who deliver the bike to him

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've seen MJ's at the shop, #17,,, I take my bike there every spring to do the valves and belts.
Kinda cool knowing that the same guy who works on my bike does MJ's desmodici!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got back from a factory tour. They mentioned the Pitt/Cruise thing, and said the Ducati CEO (or some bigwig at the company, I don't recall) has the first one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts