Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me out. My bike is an '07 GT1000 completely stock with a Fat Duc race line. It seems like, periodically, when I start the bike it just sits at 500 rpms, struggling to stay on. It stays like this even after riding for a couple of minutes.

Other times, after doing the "turn bike on 5 times in a row" trick, the problem stops and the bikes idles at 1200 instead... which feels right.

Can anyone shed some light? I'll say, my bike already has a hard time starting cold, and this seems like a related symptom. I've replaced all the spark plugs with Iridium and had the dealership do a TPS reset when I had the tank replaced (3 weeks ago).

Thanks!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've heard good and bad about iridium plugs in the ds1000 motor. Did you leave plugs @ gap they came from the box? They require a larger gap than oem plugs. I'd start there..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I have the same bike, but have a DP ECU with Termis and DP air box lid. I put Iridium plugs in mine within the first week of ownership (bike had 7100 miles on it) and I've had zero problems. In fact, it turned over better than the OEM plugs and runs very clean.

That said, I did have some cold start issues in December and January but realized I needed to put the bike on a Battery Tender. Problem solved.

As far as idle, mine idles around 1000-1200 rpm. Since you mentioned you have a Fat Duc installed, I would try adjusting it (tiny increments) to see if that helps with the air/fuel mixture. There should be a tiny screw adjuster on it somewhere (so I've read). Also, I would check the air filter to make sure it is clean and free of obstruction (mouse nests, etc.). If all that doesn't solve it, then it sounds like a sensor is telling the ECU some incorrect info, as our bikes have an automatic idle that takes into account air, fuel, temp, etc.

Did the dealer find any fault codes? Did they check for them?

Hope this helps,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts