Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

I have a 2010 Monster 1100S with 5,000 miles that suddenly stopped idling after fueling up (coincidence maybe).
It runs great otherwise. Start up/warm up is fine. After blipping throttle or using it at all, when RPMs drop they drop too low and it stalls. If I catch it on the fall, it will stay at idle.
What I’ve done so far that seemed to help a little but I believe is unrelated:
New gas after drain
New fuel filter
New fuel pump
New belts
This bike doesn’t have an evap canister.

So, a fam friend Ducati tech (not living close enough to work on it with me) said it could be valves or maybe an O2 sensor
Anybody here seen this or have some advice for me before I tear into it again chasing gremlins?

I have a video of the behavior but not sure how to attach it...

thanks for reading,
Doc

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,319 Posts
Howdy,

I have a 2010 Monster 1100S with 5,000 miles that suddenly stopped idling after fueling up (coincidence maybe).
It runs great otherwise. Start up/warm up is fine. After blipping throttle or using it at all, when RPMs drop they drop too low and it stalls. If I catch it on the fall, it will stay at idle.
New gas after drain
New fuel filter
New fuel pump
New belts

So, a fam friend Ducati tech (not living close enough to work on it with me) said it could be valves or maybe an O2 sensor
Anybody here seen this or have some advice for me before I tear into it again chasing gremlins?

thanks for reading,
Doc
I think that the easiest way to post a video is uploading it to youtube.
Several causes might be related to this problem. TPS reset, air or exhaust sensors...

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
some of the 1100 lose all their opening clearance on the exhaust before the first service. worth looking at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think that the easiest way to post a video is uploading it to youtube.
Several causes might be related to this problem. TPS reset, air or exhaust sensors...
thanks! I was able to get a video on YouTube. I might be getting to the limit of my mechanical skills and need to fold and take it to a shop. I’m willing to try about anything though - like showing up to the shop with the bike in a box of parts, ha!

Uploaded to YouTube:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
some of the 1100 lose all their opening clearance on the exhaust before the first service. worth looking at.
thanks! I’ve not worked with the valves yet on this bike or any Ducati. Would you think I’m in for a real challenge (so take it to a shop)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy,

New gas after drain
New fuel filter
New fuel pump
New belts

thanks for reading,
Doc
Got it running right with a little more time with the new pump and adjustments to the air/fuel trim. Works perfect now after a 20 mile test. Thanks for the help, y’all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts