Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Stock Mikunis', Sil Motor exhaust cans, snorkel air box, k&n filter.

Local duc mechanic busted balls swapping jets. But says the exact right pilot jet is not in there. Thinks it should run OK, if a bit rich, even if pilot isn't exactly right. Tells me to run with spare #7 spark plugs (I have them, what does #7 mean). I say humbug. On a low humidity day it gives the impression it still wants to stall at idle. On high humidity days it stalls dead every red light.

Humidity?!?!

Procuring the proper pilot jet seems to be an issue....

I figure I should at least try to up the idle. Anything worth mentioning re adjusting idle screws? (two screws facing forward at base of carbs?) Automatically do the same thing to both, or perhaps just one carb is the problem. Try one, then the other? I'm I affecting sync?

Any one have experience with this intake, carb, and exhaust combo?

ps: for brake lever/brake light micro switch the radio shack $3, replaced the ducati no prob,. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Those are the idle mixture screws. The idle adjustment screw (there's only 1 screw) is underneath, between the carbs, and hard to see. There is also a carb synch screw near it so be sure you are turning the correct screw. http://www.ducatisuite.com/carbadjust2.jpg
Someone on this board posted this just a few days ago. The Haynes manual has a picture also (you should buy it if you plan to work on your bike).
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts