Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. looking for information on this rear stand. I've come across some other posts of OEM display stands that are somewhat sought after? Wasn't sure if this is one of those. Worth anything? I have a bunch of rear stands already so trying to thin out some stuff.

Wheel Tire Wood Tread Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Wood Automotive tire

Tire Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
378 Posts
those type of stands are good display stands, they don't have a long handle in the back to trip over. I had a similar stand on my MV agusta. It was a pain to get on and off the stand though.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those type of stands are good display stands, they don't have a long handle in the back to trip over. I had a similar stand on my MV agusta. It was a pain to get on and off the stand though.
i agree. i have 3 others that have actual wheels on them for the track, around the shop or on the lift.

i've heard of guys saying that some SPS models or R models (maybe?) came with a display stand. wasn't sure if this was one of them and if it was of any value

·
Registered
260 Posts
i agree. i have 3 others that have actual wheels on them for the track, around the shop or on the lift.

i've heard of guys saying that some SPS models or R models (maybe?) came with a display stand. wasn't sure if this was one of them and if it was of any value
It is not one of the original Ducati supplied stands for a SPS or R.
Attached is a pic of OEM, early ones were gold, later ones silver.
Note that the pin is solid, doe not rotate.
Triangle Bicycle part Musical instrument accessory Metal Titanium

·
Matt
763 Posts
ahhh okay thanks for clarifying! seems i have a replica of sorts. might as well keep it then unless someone's interested in it.
I'm interested :)

• Haha
Reactions: PeterS

·
Premium Member
Ducati 998
111 Posts
Nope, the stand in question has an offset handle which none of these other mentioned stands have. That offset handle would be more complicated and expensive to build so I suspect this is not a cheap replica.
Yes, while true, now we know that there are red ones floating about!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts