Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on installing a Fuzeblocks early next week when it arrives, and my question for any fellow classic Supersport owners out there is — what switched source wire did you tap into? What color is it and where is it located?

I'm seeking to install the component on or near the battery box. I'm using a Lithium ion battery which is super tiny, so I have room for it to go there. Running the wires from the battery to the Fuzeblocks will therefore be very easy.

But identifying a "12V Switched Source" is my quandry. I'm thinking maybe the headlight wiring is something I can tap into using the PosiTap? I know black is ground, but there's a white and a yellow wire... would yellow be my "switched source?"

I'm looking at my Haynes Manual's wiring diagram, but it's not necessarily helping :)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
i'd go to the output of the ignition switch. yellow is the default lights colour, but it's only hot when the lights are on.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
I would say it depends on where you want to mount the terminal block---another is your tail light hot wire--this would be a good place especially if you are mounting the block in the rear of the bike.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,391 Posts
The Red/Black B-2 fuse wire,the Brown C-3 fuse wire,the D-4 Light Blue fuse wire,and the E-5 Dark Blue/Black fuse wire in the fuse box on the left dash panel all become 12 Volt switched source wires when the key switch is turned to the 'ON' position.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a ton for all the responses.

I went with the yellow wire that leads back to the tail light: easily visible and accessible from under the seat. Had no problem fixing it to the Fuzeblox switch wiring using a PosiTap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts