Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
This looks an awful lot like the used fairings I just bought. I think they are hotbodies, but an old design they do not use anymore. The ones I have are hotbodies, but not what they have on their website. Mine do not have the wings on the fairings (which I am glad about).

·
Registered
274 Posts
My guess would be hot bodies, just by the tail section! I don't like hot bodies b/c they are cheap quality and the fit is not very good, but that is a sharp looking paint job!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
hey i know that bike.

all kidding asisde they do fit up very well, none of the issues i've had with hotbodies before.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I hate to stick my nose in here, but knowing both of you I feel like I can.

Nanda, I will vouch for Rob, if he says something it is the truth. It doesnt look like Hotbodies to me personally, but I could be wrong.

If Rob says it fits well and is decent stuff, I would take him for his word.

Btw, you wanna go to Gingerman with us on 9/9/09? Oh shit I just realized the date, guess I will have to take the 999 :)

And maybe a new Duc....Rob....;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he he :D

If you guys think it will the fit the stupid full exhaust pipes, I don't see any problem.. Rob said he doesn't know what kinda bodywork that was... so I was trying to see if anyone had similar bodywork with full exhaust... you know my stories with full-exhaust and body :( I am planning for Gingerman on 08/09/09. I was hoping for Autobahn this weekend, that's not gonna happen.. Gingerman.. can't wait... just have to get the body work setup before that.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw, this how hotbodies fits with the full-exhaust.. just have to make sure the belly pan is wide and tall enough to fits those pipes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The tail is not sharkskinz - at least nothing like mine. The way the subframe is exposed is just all wrong. Also looks too lumpy - but perhaps has been repaired.

Uppers and lowers are not S'skinz either. Sharkskinz uppers don't have those recessed sections where the cutouts would be on the OEM and also no oil sight hole either.

pic of sharkskinz

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tail is not sharkskinz - at least nothing like mine. The way the subframe is exposed is just all wrong. Also looks too lumpy - but perhaps has been repaired.

Uppers and lowers are not S'skinz either. Sharkskinz uppers don't have those recessed sections where the cutouts would be on the OEM and also no oil sight hole either.

pic of sharkskinz
Yup, that xx9 has a full exhaust (looks pretty sweet, btw) and looks like the skinz clear it pretty well... that's what I want... thanks for the pic man... I think his subframe is exposed because he's got a bi-po subframe which is longer than then mono.

btw, what kinda rear-shock is that? doesn't look like the traditional Ohlins or Showa.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks. Its 05 bodywork on an 04 749S. Exhaust is also 05. I did need to dremmel the back of the lower a little to clear the pipe and I made a spacer to push the left lower away from the swing arm, which may not be necessary on an 05+ swing arm

Shock is a Penske 3 way - an utterly flawless piece of kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts