Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to find out what this bike is? It came from the dealer like this. Please take a look. It appears to have carbon fiber chain guard, under carrige, fender. an arrow exhaust + different chip, a "racing" tripple tree top clamp. I was told it could be a Carl Fogerty "replica" but i dont think so... See pictures below:

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am still trying to find out what this bike is? It came from the dealer like this. Please take a look. It appears to have carbon fiber chain guard, under carrige, fender. an arrow exhaust + different chip, a "racing" tripple tree top clamp. I was told it could be a Carl Fogerty "replica" but i dont think so... See pictures below:
I'm not 100%; however, it looks like a 996 SPS with sponsor decals, not a Foggy. Maybe someone else can confirm.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
True Foggy replicas were originally sold in the UK only, there were only 200 made (homologation special) and they featured the 'Kyalami' frame which allowed for a larger airbox to be fitted, although they didn't actually have the larger airbox.

Apart from the graphics they had (I think) titanium termignoni exhaust pipes, red mirrors, no 996 'logo', black marchesini wheels, an SPS spec engine, and a numbered plaque on the headstock.

They also had the 'Foggy eyes' on the screen.

If you contact Ducati with the VIN number they will tell you what it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I did look at the Ducati vin page, it shows as a stock 996s. Thank. Im guessing some person along the line gussied it up a bit.

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Get the serial number and look at the serial number in the halls of wisdom.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bodywork is 2001 996S, with lots of stickers, the rest of the bike seems to be that model also. VIN tells all. Nice bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
What you have is a beautiful example of a 2001 996S...I'm jealous!
I figure so as well....It only has 4200 miles on it and , it is LIKE NEW a serious time capsule.
Just got it about 6 weeks ago and ready to start enjoying it , thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts