Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while I'm waiting to get back my Multi (in a week or so hopefully), I'm thinking about having it painted (the front faring parts have had many marks from the track -> flying little asphalt rocks from the guys infront :rolleyes: ).

So, any good ideas for a new paint job ? The bike is red with red chasis and black powder-coated rims at the moment and I don't want to get the rims nor the chasis painted. Well ?

Any suggestions ?

Doc

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Black is always good. That's what I was thinking about doing with my red one.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
vduc said:
Black is always good. That's what I was thinking about doing with my red one.
agreed...especially if you do it with Home Improvement store spray can black...you can do touch ups at home!....then get lettering for the bike in Red to go over the black to bring it to scheme with the frame and wheels!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
paint photos

Hi Doc, how is the military treating you? over at Multistrada.net in the photo section are a few shots that you might want to check out; a Fila, both police and fire department, a red frame with black body and a few other non stock ones. Jan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions gents, I've almost convinced to go for black and have the lettering on the tank and sides in red. This will (I think) look good with the red frame and the black wheels. Will post back when I have it done.

@ jbcaddy:

Jan my friend, I've been away from internet for about 4 months and at the time more things were kinda "screwed up" if I may say so :(. That's why I haven't logged in Multistrada.net in the recent months (will do so from now on though). I'm one month away fro mending my service in the airforce and I just returned after a 4 day on duty. It's been snowing (yes that's correct: s n o w i n g !!!) in Athens for the past 3 days and I was strapped up in an ambulance with chains for the wheels, going around th base to pick up injuries :).

We'll talk again soon Jan (email me if you like).

Here are a couple of pics for you (my Multi at it's present condition, it's the one on the right)

Doc

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
How about this? :D

NO, that´s NOT me. :mad:

//amullo

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D:D:D

Yeah, I've seen that pic a long ago amullo. And yes I know it isn't you on the Multi. But you can take my word for it: you DON'T want that Multi running behind you in the Northern Italy's twisties trying to get you to give you a fine ;). A friend of mine during his trip to Mugelo for the GP race, was quite ehmmm speeding and a Multi like that (Municipal Police) hunted him down and gave him a good fine :).

As for the color pattern, I like it as a police bike but not for mine :rolleyes:.

Doc

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
short timer

when I was in the army, we counted the days until we got out. under 100 days made one a short timer or two didgit midgit. I painted the word "short" on my Austin Healey Sprite. civilians just thought it was about how tiny the car was, other draftees knew that it meant that I was ready to go home! Glad to hear that you have survived thus far. Somehow I always think of sunny WARM beaches on the Med. when I think of Greece, not snow!
I like the thought of black on a red frame. as to multistrada.net, I have spent little time visiting there, I enjoy hearing about other models too much to want just multi all the time. best wishes for your upcoming return to civilian life. Jan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jan :), I'm actually counting days right now. I'll let you know about the paint scheme when I get a quote for the price and make up my mind.

Cheers,

Doc

·
Registered
36 Posts
ideas needed for new paint job

Hey Doc, if you paint it matte titanium, like my st4s, then the tables will be turned. People will start asking you "what color are you going to paint it?"

I just checked out Serres Circuit and it looks awsome. I'm sure it would confuse the hell out of NASCAR drivers!!

Good luck with your decision (black w/red frame sounds pretty hot).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
westyed said:
I just checked out Serres Circuit and it looks awsome. I'm sure it would confuse the hell out of NASCAR drivers!!
:p:D

Indeed, it's a very demanding circuit with 16 corners and aprox 3.9km length. We're going to be 2 drivers so we could be more competitive (a 3rd driver would be better if our lap times were better though). Anyway, more on this later, we're currently out searching for a couple of sponsors to help us out financialy wise and also we have to gather a team of about 5-7 people. We've already found the mechanic to support our effort and a couple more (lap timer, tyre guy) but we need much more to organize it well, and since it's our (me and my friend) first ever time in motorcycle racing stuff we're kinda lost at the moment.

westyed said:
Good luck with your decision (black w/red frame sounds pretty hot).
That's the scheme I think doing after all. Will post back.

By the way, does anyone know of an under-tray for the Multi ? Race regulations require to have one in case of oil spill etc. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Doc

P.S: got my email westyed ? When are you coming overhere ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doc, I'll check around and see what I can find out regarding the under-tray.

Good luck with the racing plans. Most people don't realize the work and expense
that goes into racing. A long race on a course like that is especially grueling.

Anyway, I did get your email, and mailed you back. I really want to go there this spring, but I don't think finances will allow me to. So, I'm definately going in September. Let me know if you need me to smuggle any parts over in my suitcases!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
westyed said:
Doc, I'll check around and see what I can find out regarding the under-tray.

Good luck with the racing plans. Most people don't realize the work and expense
that goes into racing. A long race on a course like that is especially grueling.

Anyway, I did get your email, and mailed you back. I really want to go there this spring, but I don't think finances will allow me to. So, I'm definately going in September. Let me know if you need me to smuggle any parts over in my suitcases!
We'll meet in September then :) (ride ,lunch, a drink or something), as for the smuggling buisness :eek: I'll let you know beforehand if I need something (maybe have it shipped to your address and you can bring it over).

Thanks in advance,

Doc

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Doc said:
By the way, does anyone know of an under-tray for the Multi ? Race regulations require to have one in case of oil spill etc. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated.
you may want to look up fitments for Monsters...they have belly catch pans for those that with a little modification...I'll almost certainly sure you'll be able to use on your Multi!...here's a link for some universal ones...but paruse their website some because I know there is alot more as far as ideas and what have you out there on the interweb!
http://www.whaccessories.com/belly pans.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thatnks for the link zooom :), I'm going to dig in there and see what I can find (there are tenths of bellypans).

Doc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Doc,

Have you deciced on a paint scheme yet? How about black/red like the Silver/Grey - where the tail covers and upper fairing remain red while the body goes black.

I just changed computers and don't have photoshop on it yet, but when I do, I'll give you a few options...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kek said:
Doc,

Have you deciced on a paint scheme yet? How about black/red like the Silver/Grey - where the tail covers and upper fairing remain red while the body goes black.

I just changed computers and don't have photoshop on it yet, but when I do, I'll give you a few options...
Hey Randy that sounds nice (when you have the time I'd like to see it in Photochop preview :) ) but I have regretably postponed my plans for the paintkob due to my budget going loooooow. The way it is right now I'll probably do it during next winter :think:.

Thanks for the idea of the 2-color scheme and looking forward to see it too.

Regards,

Doc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts