Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any one else in Idaho with a Duc? I've had three people in three weeks tell me they have "never hearda a bike wit dat name". including the lady at the DMW when I registered it. She said it sound "french or sumthin" )I've just started telling people it's the new Harley. so anyway, is there anyone here in this state? Preferable Boise/Twin Falls area.

·
Still needs a life.
12,542 Posts
I know a gal in Moscow who has a 748. Beaudry's in Post Falls is a Ducati dealer. As a graduate of Lewiston High School, I forget there is that "other Idaho" located somewhere south of McCall.

·
Still needs a life.
12,542 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
I know a gal in Moscow who has a 748. Beaudry's in Post Falls is a Ducati dealer. As a graduate of Lewiston High School, I forget there is that "other Idaho" located somewhere south of McCall.
Probably the only Italian motorcycle ever to be photographed in front of Lewiston High School. I took a side trip to Lewiston from the ST owners rally at Wallowa Lake this past weekend to show my son where Dad went to high school.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gatta26 said:
Is Mountain Home an AF base? How are the roads up there?

angela
Yes. Mnt Home AFB. but there is also a small town here. Roads can be....... well, a crap shoot. there is some good mountain riding if you know where you are going, but be careful cuz that twisty road on the map may just be a gravel hunting road for about 25 miles.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
A 748 in Moscow? Things really have changed since I was in college. I really miss those twisty mountain roads with virtually no traffic, but I don't miss the snow six months out of the year.

·
Still needs a life.
12,542 Posts
supersparky750 said:
A 748 in Moscow? Things really have changed since I was in college. I really miss those twisty mountain roads with virtually no traffic, but I don't miss the snow six months out of the year.
I graduated from LHS in 1968 and WAZZU in 1972. I know what you mean. For the past three years I have led a group from Seattle out to Lewiston for a few days of riding those twisties. With this year's ST owners rally at Wallowa Lake, I got to hit the Rattlesnake Grade twice this year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I came along a bit after that-Troy High School in '90 and left U of I to become an electrician in '93. But even that recently I recall there were very few road bikes around. Everyone had a trail bike or two (for me it was a beloved 250cc Ossa trials bike that would climb over anything, if you could get it started), but I think the the very short pleasant riding season kept a lot of people off the streets. Is it that way in the "other" Idaho (southern), I wonder?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up untill recently there have been limited #'s of people on the road here in Southern Idaho; mostly harleys and the occasional sport bike. But with the onset of the high gas prices it seems everyone is riding. Our season isnt really that short here. It can be a little chilly in the End of March/Beginning of April and at the end of the season in the last half of October. With an average of 300 days of sun a year you can ride a long time if you can stand the cold. Riding in Southern Idaho should get even better when the Race Complex is built (scheduled for spring 2008). Check out War Eagle Speedwayfor info. Its mostly about circle track ---go fast, turn left--- but the 2.8 mile road course should be great.

Anyway, like I said, everyone seems to be riding on the street now. Just haven't seen any Ducs out there.

·
Still needs a life.
12,542 Posts
supersparky750 said:
I came along a bit after that-Troy High School in '90 and left U of I to become an electrician in '93. But even that recently I recall there were very few road bikes around. Everyone had a trail bike or two (for me it was a beloved 250cc Ossa trials bike that would climb over anything, if you could get it started), but I think the the very short pleasant riding season kept a lot of people off the streets. Is it that way in the "other" Idaho (southern), I wonder?
There is now a Harley dealer in Lewiston. We saw lots of HD's, but very few sport bikes, on the road during the April trip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
HEY FELLOW IDAHOAN!!!

Very cool - sorry late to the thread but I have been off and on - mostly on lately getting info on mods for my bike...

I live in Eagle - worked in Nampa for a time and now working in Boise. I have a 2001 748 - I have seen a few Ducs around on the road from time to time, various models but there are a few. I have a friend that lives in the same sub that has an 800 Monster. I actually did a double-take the other day when i was driving my car - saw a yellow 748 that looked just like mine....

Good to know there are others in Idaho that are using the forum - I have found great info and leads here....

If you are looking for a dealer , Big Twin is near the freeway at Orchard.... They have Ducati, Triumph, Bimota and BMW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, another late reply here. I don't check the NW forum to often.
I'm one of three Duc drivers that I know of in Moscow.
There is the gal that Bill mentioned that drives the 748, I just met a guy that drives an SS I think it was and myself that has an ST3. Not to many of us to say the least up here. If you get farther north around CDA and Post Falls you see a few more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, there are others on this board from this area. i live in Meridian and have an 06 ST3. My brother has a Monster 600 and another friend has a monster. I have seen a few others on the road but few and far between.

·
Registered
21 Posts
And I'm about two years late to the thread but I'm seriously considering a relocation to the Idaho Falls area. Just looking around for riding opinions as I really wanted to ride year-round and I can't do that in Idaho but the home and job may be too good to pass up.

So any updates? Idaho riding any better? Dealer options? -Pk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Boy am I late and a dollar short. I know at least 20 duc riders in the Treasure Valley. I'd start a club, but i don't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I live in Spokane but tend to run around CDA

·
Registered
339 Posts
I live north of Coeur D Alene, north of Spirit Lake. Met a guy in CDA on a yellow Sport Classic, and saw a guy the other day on a little Monster.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts