Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I received the correct spacers and installed them yesterday with no issues. Hopefully it will warm up here a bit more in several hours and I can go for a ride to see the difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At Last... Multistrada screen spacers are back!

I found this thread and jumped on the opportunity to buy the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. In a lengthy discussion in the thread "How's the Wind Protection" https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/642058-how-wind-protection-4.html , you will see the saga of many owners trying to fix the only deficiency on this otherwise perfect motorcycle - wind buffeting due to a poor windscreen design. Going way back, there were spacers such as these that we made for a while by Aztec. Not in business any more.

I am thrilled that I will get a chance to try these. I truly believe that by letting some airflow come up the back of the screen, that the buffeting will not be pulled down by back-pressure to hit us in the face - as it has done with the stock screen for years (apparently - seeing 2018 model complaints still coming in).

BTW... contrary to an earlier post, Iconic has a web page for easy ordering: https://iconicparts.uk. but I guess you guys know that, now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For reference i have the puig touring screen with the blade on. im 6'3" and after i made and fitted my spacers i have removed the blade. mostly ride around with an open face lid too.
Interesting... I had gone to a short Puig screen, but now I have the Iconic spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. I went back to the stock screen with the Iconic spacers, and feel a definite improvement.

I also have the the Puig touring screen with an MRA X-Screen Tour blade on it. Going to try that with the spacers next. I'm 6' 2".

How's the mechanical stress with that big screen on the spacers?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Interesting... I had gone to a short Puig screen, but now I have the Iconic spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. I went back to the stock screen with the Iconic spacers, and feel a definite improvement.

I also have the the Puig touring screen with an MRA X-Screen Tour blade on it. Going to try that with the spacers next. I'm 6' 2".

How's the mechanical stress with that big screen on the spacers?
I have the exact same set up. I'm 5.10 and I can now ride the bike with the touring screen. Before, it was completely unrideable for for me and so far, I am happy.
I'll see how good it works in September, I'm off to France for 11 days, with 4 days in the Alps and 2 500 mile+ days. Fingers crossed.
There is a bit of movement of the screen and the Navihalter but I can live with that.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts