Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just put on the Iconic spacers with the short Calsci sport screen and it seems to be a definite improvement. Worth the investment.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!
Gents... hello.

i have shipped any replacement parts that i was aware of and im afraid technology isn't full proof as i regularly get emails in my spam folder which i dont always see.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Good luck!
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.
Hi,

i have found your emails in my junk folder and replied.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me introduce myself

Hello everyone i'm Jamie

First of all thank you to all of you that have bought items from me.

Secondly apologies to those who have had any issues with deliveries. I'm not here to make excuses but i will just say this is a growing thing for me and i'm still finding my feet with the e-commerce thing. Like a lot of these ventures they start off as hobbies what get out of control but i am working to make it a more professional setup.

Thirdly i want to address any problems anyone has with items and would love feedback on the products so i can improve them over time.

I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.

thank you everyone for your patience.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Someone from the forum here got in touch with Jamie, apparently my emails were in going in his junk folder and I've gotten a response, so thanks for whoever that was. Looks like my issues will hopefully be resolved now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

For reference i have the puig touring screen with the blade on. im 6'3" and after i made and fitted my spacers i have removed the blade. mostly ride around with an open face lid too.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Someone from the forum here got in touch with Jamie, apparently my emails were in going in his junk folder and I've gotten a response, so thanks for whoever that was. Looks like my issues will hopefully be resolved now.
that would be me ...

I was going to reply to the initial issue messages here but thought it best for Jamie to chime in, as he really does provide some of the best pre- and post-sales support of any online company i've dealt with. plus, he actually owns a Multi ... so unlike other companies that only sell products for our bikes, he knows the products well, as he uses them on his own bike.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
that would be me ...

I was going to reply to the initial issue messages here but thought it best for Jamie to chime in, as he really does provide some of the best pre- and post-sales support of any online company i've dealt with. plus, he actually owns a Multi ... so unlike other companies that only sell products for our bikes, he knows the products well, as he uses them on his own bike.
Thanks! Jamie will be sending out the correct offsets tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks! Jamie will be sending out the correct offsets tomorrow.
brilliant.

i believe you will really like the windscreen spacers, once you get a chance to ride your Multi with them installed. they made a big difference in reducing both turbulence and wind noise on my Multi 1260 with a Pikes Peak windscreen, and with the stock windscreen as well. i settled on using the Pikes Peak windscreen with the Iconic spacers, as for my height, they are the best combination.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
not sure why, but Jamie got banned from the site right after he posted up replies in this thread to manix37 and [email protected]

Jamie is not ignoring anyone ... it's just that he does not have access here anymore.
I totally agree with johnchypermotard...no reason to ban him, as he's just trying to make things right. If I hadn't posted my experience on here and johnchypermotard hadn't connected the dots we all would have lost. I don't know how to address this issue but at the least I would encourage a review of his banned status.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,264 Posts
The ban was issued by site ownership. The Mods are attempting to get the reasoning behind the move. We are aware that he was helping to get some orders corrected and his participation was of benefit to some of the members.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,264 Posts
Iconic's ban has been lifted. We still don't know the exact reasoning for it in the first place, but hope he'll return and participate as a regular member. (Please note that there are rules about outright commercial posts from businesses that aren't official sponsors.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone.

To the admins... I wasn’t planning on advertising but to be honest some more info on what’s involved would be interesting reading.

Hope now I’m in contact with you all I can settle any issues you have. I’m still getting a massive amount of mails going into the junk folder so I’ll check it regularly. My hosting is done by Godaddy so I’ll try to find time to ask them if it’s an issue there end.

Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks everyone.

To the admins... I wasn’t planning on advertising but to be honest some more info on what’s involved would be interesting reading.

Hope now I’m in contact with you all I can settle any issues you have. I’m still getting a massive amount of mails going into the junk folder so I’ll check it regularly. My hosting is done by Godaddy so I’ll try to find time to ask them if it’s an issue there end.

Thanks again everyone
Just a heads-up; I replied to your email on Wednesday, but didn't hear back so I must've landed in your Junk folder.

Thanks for popping in here!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I totally agree with johnchypermotard...no reason to ban him, as he's just trying to make things right. If I hadn't posted my experience on here and johnchypermotard hadn't connected the dots we all would have lost. I don't know how to address this issue but at the least I would encourage a review of his banned status.
again, really happy that the ban was lifted, and all seems to be working out.

BTW, i chatted online with Jamie at Iconic yesterday, and he is on top of communicating and providing the post-sales support that has been requested.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts