Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sanded down the “nubs” on the tops of the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers, so they work with the Pikes Peak carbon fiber windscreen I just installed.

Jamie Clare’s parts are awesome ... the stock spacers worked perfectly with the stock windscreen on my 1260, I simply needed to mildly alter them to work with the Pikes Peak windscreen, as it mounts very differently.

Having gone through 8 different windscreens and two different spacer designs on my 2010 Multi 1200, and now the new 2018 1260 Multi, i can advise that the Pikes Peak screen with the Iconic Parts spacers is, for me at least, the best solution so far at offering reduced wind buffeting/noise.

YMMV.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just sanded down the “nubs” on the tops of the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers, so they work with the Pikes Peak carbon fiber windscreen I just installed.

Jamie Clare’s parts are awesome ... the stock spacers worked perfectly with the stock windscreen on my 1260, I simply needed to mildly alter them to work with the Pikes Peak windscreen, as it mounts very differently.

Having gone through 8 different windscreens and two different spacer designs on my 2010 Multi 1200, and now the new 2018 1260 Multi, i can advise that the Pikes Peak screen with the Iconic Parts spacers is, for me at least, the best solution so far at offering reduced wind buffeting/noise.

YMMV.
Just curious. Have you tried drilling holes in the screen to reduce the buffeting?

·
Registered
746 Posts
@johnchypermotard
I just purchased a 1260 Pikes Peak. It's at the Dealers for the winter. The PP comes with two screens; the Carbon and a transparent one.
Could you shed some light on what these spacers are for?
Do I need these?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@johnchypermotard
I just purchased a 1260 Pikes Peak. It's at the Dealers for the winter. The PP comes with two screens; the Carbon and a transparent one.
Could you shed some light on what these spacers are for?
Do I need these?
absolutely ... the Iconic parts windscreen spacers push the windscreen outward and slightly more upright than the stock positioning ... which provides reduced wind buffeting and noise for some riders, depending on their riding position/helmet placement when riding.

for me, with a short windscreen (the Pikes Peak windscreen) installed using the Iconic Parts spacers, the wind buffeting, and noise are greatly reduced. YMMV.

this is what the spacers look like ...

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
@johnchypermotard
Thanks for this info.
I've never had the chance to ride with the short carbon screen. I'll look at this in the spring when I take possession of the bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts
See how long this stays up. I make spacers for the multi as well. I have sold many of them here. We make them for 2015-2018 models all out of Billet Aluminum. We had several posts in the classified section as we were instructed to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
See how long this stays up. I make spacers for the multi as well. I have sold many of them here. We make them for 2015-2018 models all out of Billet Aluminum. We had several posts in the classified section as we were instructed to do.
How would they work with the large Cal-sci set up? I also have the OEM to experiment with. Can you link to the classified ad? Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They bolt down right to the existing mount and the windshield frame and then your stock bolt pattern is retained for whatever windshield you would like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Iconic Parts spacers on my 2016. I wish I'd known there was an alternative product stateside.

The spacers are the best aero upgrade you can make to the bike, IMO. I found the stock setup to be intolerable and a medium CalSci screen was only a little better. The stock windscreen with spacers is actually pretty good although I prefer the CalSci screen with spacers. The vent in the CalSci screen doesn't seem to be necessary anymore and I currently have it covered up with packing tape.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just curious. Have you tried drilling holes in the screen to reduce the buffeting?
nope ... have not done that.

have you?

has anyone?

I've drilled four holes in the lower part of the screen, I replicated the OE layout but in a smaller pattern. It reduced the buffeting but obviously didn't improve coverage, like a taller screen, or more upright position might.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any idea if they'd work with the 2013 Multi - has 4 bolts for the windscreen
I have a set for the 4 spot 2013 - 14 Strada. They are very well made and has reduced the 'roar' (noise) a hell of a lot. The key to the spacers is in my view is the ability to channel air under the screen and reducing the dead air as per the standard set up. I am 6' 4" and sit very upright and these fellows work a treat
Cheers
Windi

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, I still have a gew sets for the 2013-2014 (4) bolt setup. Just message me.

We are in the process of getting a website setup. The company will be DucPilot. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, I still have a gew sets for the 2013-2014 (4) bolt setup. Just message me.

We are in the process of getting a website setup. The company will be DucPilot. Stay tuned.

By the way, thanks for sending me the spacers...forgot to say they are top notch! Can't wait to try them after winter, lol:smile2:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts