Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 749S, 2006 MTS620
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have the latest version of IAWDiag (v0.48) downloaded on my laptop and the Lonelec cables arrived yesterday from the UK. The laptop correctly downloaded the FTDI drivers and when I hooked everything up to the 3-pin diagnosis connection on my 2004 749S the application seemed to read the bike correctly. The IAW 59M PF09 ECU was read by the program and throttle angle, voltage, air temp, etc. could all be read. Just to check I opened/closed the throttle several times and the application showed this throttle movement on the screen.

However, when I try to reset the TPS by selecting VIEW/ACTORS I get a list of numerous parameters such as Ducati Service Reset, etc.....but no TPS Reset. I have read the complete GuzziDiag tutorial and that has not provided any help.

What can I do to get the current v0.48 version of IAWDiag to allow me to reset the TPS?

Thanks!

Head Tomcat who is a bit confused

·
Registered
2004 749S, 2006 MTS620
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Belter,

I am a bit confused...if I plug in the connector and it reads the ECU as 59M PF09...how do I select 5AM? From what understand about IAWDiag you do not have to select a specific ECU like in GuzziDiag as the application (IAWDiag) already comes loaded to read the ECU in the bike (and should hopefully allow changes to be made to that ECU).

Where in IAWDiag would I select an ECU if the application is already reading it as 59M PF09?

Thanks! Once this TPS issue is sorted out I should be good to go as the Gunson gas tester arrived today!

Head Tomcat getting closer

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
open iawdiag

top lh corner, click on "file"

click on "preferences"

click in the "ECU" \/ box and select 5AM PF2C

i don't have a bike here to connect to, but i expect that should work.

·
Registered
2004 749S, 2006 MTS620
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked exactly as wanted!!!

Taking your recommendation and using the 5AM PF2C selection for ECU opened up several new Actors selections...including TPS Reset. I had earlier noticed the current TPS position on my 2004 749S was 1.0 degree and not the desired 1.3 degrees. Backing out the 2.5mm throttle cam stop screw got the TPS reading down to 0.10 and then no more electronic signals could be had.

I then zeroed the TPS via IAWDiag and using a 2.5mm hex wrench on the stop screw got the TPS signal to read 2.60 degrees. Zeroing the TPS a second time got the reading to now show 1.30 degrees...which meant the butterfly was physically sitting at 1.30 degrees and so was the TPS reading, too.

I moderately snapped the throttle a few times to see if the reading held at 1.30 degrees....and it did.

Time to run the bike a bit to get some fuel through it and then on to balancing the two TB's at idle and 3000 RPM...and finish with setting the CO trim to the 4-6% range.

Whew....you really bailed me out on this one!

Head Tomcat who is pretty darn happy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts