Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference (if any) between ecu in pic and standard.
After a slack period bike wise, I'm getting closer to pulling the engine out of my 2000 750ie for painting.
I noticed the "Ducati Performance" sticker and am curious to know if these are different to the stock ecu.
Photograph Audio equipment Font Gas Auto part

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,855 Posts
Well, this is just a guess, but I'd say that's a DP ECU tuned for a SilMoto exhaust system. I would confirm that the SilMoto was a factory option for that year. Perhaps Sil made the DP cans?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
SIL is silencer. remus made all the dp ssie mufflers until the very late run of termis at the end.

it's the dp ecu for a 2000 - 2002 750ssie. it'll have different fuel and spark maps and possibly some other minor variations. maybe a few more rpm.

a8 is the 2000> ecu base. 98 - 99 is a0. they're not interchangeable due to variations in the looms due to the side stand switch.

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
SIL is silencer. remus made all the dp ssie mufflers until the very late run of termis at the end.
How would you tell the different exhausts apart from each other?
I've got 2 sets for the 750ie at the moment.
The ones that came on it.
Cylinder Tints and shades Writing implement Metal Nickel

And the set I picked up.
Sleeve Bicycle part Belt Tints and shades Font

They both are using the same brackets and are straight through but neither pair have anything stamped onto them.
Both sets look the same inside.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Hood Alloy wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts