Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: ducatimike

·
Registered
692 Posts
if Aprilia would step up and actually build an engine that can compete, then they might actually be competitive. Since the start of last season we have been hearing that an improved engine is coming from Aprilia, but we have yet to see it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if Aprilia would step up and actually build an engine that can compete, then they might actually be competitive. Since the start of last season we have been hearing that an improved engine is coming from Aprilia, but we have yet to see it.
They did,,, but they they started blowing the engines so they dialed the power down. I agree though, they're a difficult factory to root for b/c every year it seems they say "next yr will be better".

Either go ALL IN or go back to WSBK and dominate once again.

Where else could he have gone? This was his only opportunity. He was lucky it was offered.
Back on a satellite Duc and get top 5 finishes once in a while?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With who? Avintia and their hand-me-down bikes? Pramac won't have him back.
I agree w/you, it's a difficult situation w/no good options.

In these cases you pick bad over worse. Imo the Ape is not going anywhere, even if they get the engine power up, there's still a weight issue. The Ape is for riders on the down side of their career. Iannone is not that, he's got untapped potential.

So if I was him I would somehow make it back on the Ducati ship w/the long goal of being working my way up to a factory or near factory spec bike ala Yak.

In short, AWBA; Any Where But Aprilia.

my 0.02c

1 - 8 of 8 Posts