Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for a few years and my first bike is an 06 R1 so i love it and have no problems with it until i discovered i needed suregery

anyways since i seen the hypermotard i have told my wife (then girlfriend) I WILL own this bike one day

so I go to drop my R1 off at a local ducati dealership to get tires (this shop is hands down the best shop i have ever been to and get all my money until i need something specific for mine and my wifes bikes.

so to the point

we walk in the door and she mentions that the bike we have been looking at has been sold.

I am currently losing my job and said well as of right now its no big deal we can figure it out later.

so i continue talking to our friends there and she comes out of the sales office (which i think nothing of as we have been there 6 times in the last 5 days getting stuff ready for our first track day) and hands me a key

At this point i am thinking what the hell is this for? and she says what do you think?

I said what should i think, is this a joke?

she says no thats your bike

I couldnt believe it. It took a good minute for me to even begin to smile as i have spent alot of my life being the punch line for pranks and by the time i realized it was real had a permanent smile on my face.

My wife is the greatest woman i have ever met and knew that prior to this whole bike thing but now

now i realize that audi shes been wanting will be in our driveway as soon as i graduate.

i will post up some pics tomorrow i am sure they will not compare to some of your bikes and i am green when it comes to ducati's

well thats my story, new guy here saying hello and i look forward to meeting some of you on the forums and hopefully some get togethers in the future

Keith

btw the screen name is a joke on a local forum i am on

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
congrat on the bike and the girl.... Pic please!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow! What a similar story! These girls do exist!

Yesiree, last December my wife and I randomly walked into a Ducati dealership and started looking around. The Hyper caught my eye for some strange reason (maybe since I come from a mx background?). I have been motorcycle-less for some time as mountain bikes and kids have taken over. However, spring fever hits every year. It's in my blood I guess ...

Anyhow, to make a long story longer, I felt nature calling and made a trip to the men's room. When I came back the paper work had been started and I walked out with a new Hyper 'S', and a stunned look on my face!

My wife has always been supportive of my two-wheeled habits but this was over the top!

So yes, these girls do exist and no, my wife is not available.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Team work at its best! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
58 Posts
I thought MY wife was cool! She's always supported my riding, even tho she knows the risks and she rides offroad with me from time to time. While we were trying to figure out our honeymoon she suggested we go ride in baja! So loaded the van and went from our wedding in Palms Springs to Tecate two weeks before the 500 when the course was marked and rode the whole thing in a three days, it was epic! These women are hard to find but they do exist!

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Congrats all the way around, great wife, new ride, first Ducati, and welcome to the forum!

I can't complain (too much) I'm sure my wife will never go out buy me a motorcycle though she "lets" me ride after breaking my back and assorted other bones racing...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Our girls are great. In October meself and Sarah head off to Florida with our two girls for a holiday and to get married. Now this is putting a strain on our finances and we are really having to cut back. A few months ago a post was put up on a couple of the forums I log onto about a trip to the pyrenees to join the Euro Multistrada owners club annual meet. Reading through the details I says to my good lady how it would be a great ride on the Hyper through the mountains with around 50 - 60 Dukes to which she replies well why don't you go then. I couldn't believe it but head ruled the heart and I said about the cost and the wedding etc. She almost had to bully me into changing my mind so at 5.00pm tomorrow I set off on my week long adventure. She really is fantastic as she has no interest in my bike and just looks at it as my thing that I need to keep me sane when all the usual life stuff gets to us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts