Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at a few options, I went with new chain adjusters that will accomodate spools. This is for my 03 999R and also the 04 bikes as well. I bought it at the Motowheels 10th anniversary party on Saturday. First time after reversing the pick up points on the Pit Bull and it was a piece of cake to lift the bike. What a relief! Once you hook into the spool its like "fish on". The new adjusters are of better quality finish wise and look good in black. I went with the product due to dropping the bike last week in the garage because of the mis match between the grey 03-04 999 swingarm and the Pit Bull with the two red rubber rollers as lift points.

As you can see, my Bulldog (Mangia) was plenty happy about the adjuster/spool set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good looking setup there John but I have to ask if you would use this method to remove the rear wheel as the adjusters would be loose with the axle removed.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Off Topic Post!

As you can see, my Bulldog (Mangia) was plenty happy about the adjuster/spool set up.

Nice dog! Bulldogs are funny characters, huh? :)

Here's mine inspecting my clutch installation:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great find for the older xx9 swingarms. I tried looking on Motowheel's site, cant find them. Do you have a link? :confused:
I would call them because the parts were on display at Motowheels, I didn't find them on their site.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good looking setup there John but I have to ask if you would use this method to remove the rear wheel as the adjusters would be loose with the axle removed.
Yeah, I know. In the case where I have to remove the rear wheel, I'll have to reverse the Pit Bull stand points and use it the old way. I figured I can do that once in a while, but the routine off and on is handled now.

One thing that is different when you reverse the Pit Bull catch thing from the stubs for a DSSA to the spool ends the bike sits lower in the back than before, especially when its up on a front fork stand. Just an observation, not a problem.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice dog! Bulldogs are funny characters, huh? :)

Here's mine inspecting my clutch installation:
Super funny and very curious too. We had a scare of a lifetime this morning when ours experienced a pretty bad seizure. It was really scary because shes like a daughter to us. My wife went into panic mode. The dog had the seizure in bed and was thrashing around and ultimately her face got so contorted you couldn't recognize her. This went on for 5 minutes as I tried to assure her everything was going to be allright. She eventually came out of it and we took her immediately to her Vet, they specialize in the treatment of Bulldogs. Unknown whats going on at this point, blood was taken and we will be monitoring her from this point on. If she has another within a short period then its more tests and a possible diagnosis of epilepsy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I know. In the case where I have to remove the rear wheel, I'll have to reverse the Pit Bull stand points and use it the old way. I figured I can do that once in a while, but the routine off and on is handled now.
OK, just curious. Just not sure if I was missing something.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
How much damage was done when you dropped your bike? I did the same thing and I fell on some crap in the garage and scratched my leg, but no damage to the bike :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like a solid set-up, hope it works out for you.

Love the bull-dog, one of my favorite breeds. We have 2 pugs which some people thing are little bull-dogs. Hope she doesn't get jealous of your "Pit-bull!" Also hope that she is ok, I know what you mean by being like a daughter to you. Our pugs are like our children.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much damage was done when you dropped your bike? I did the same thing and I fell on some crap in the garage and scratched my leg, but no damage to the bike :D
I lucked out due to having DP rear sets, the ones where the pegs are stationary. Also it fell onto a large rubber floor mat I had down, thus saving the peg from getting scratched. I'm sure the matt helped in cushioning the fall too. No detectable damage, so I'm batting 250 in terms of drops and damage to my bikes.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Serge,

Good to hear from you. Get the 999R, it is a totally different bike from the S model, believe me.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Your bulldog has pretty good taste! First she eschews the limpwristed suomy, and now she approves of your awesome spool solution :)

ps, good call parking your bike on carpet now lol
The gay helmet is going through a painting transformation, I saw some prelim pics of it and its looking good. The painter, DT996 is incorporating the top manly portion to the new bottom half where the pink flowers were. He is bringing themes like gambling, the Italian flag and Bulldogs. Of course I will post pictures once its completed, should be soon.

Regarding the issue of not being able to change the wheel, I believe all you have to do is secure the chain adjusters to the swingarm with a couple of zip ties while you do the wheel change. That way you can still have the bike on the spools. The adjuster is inside a slot and all your trying to do with the zip ties is to prevent it from popping out. Actually there is no stress against the zip ties so I think it will work no problem. I went out and zip tied the right side, there was the interference of the rear rotor mount and axle, but you can get around that with the zip ties. The left side has plenty of clearance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts