Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
here are some pics from a little trip I took about an hour and a half north of where I live. The track is called Gratten and they hosted an AHRMA race meeting this weekend. Was a great group of folks, as soon as I drove into the paddock and parked my bike a group of gentlemen with their leathers turned down at the waste came up and started asking how I liked my GT and telling me about their Ducati singles and twins they were racing this weekend. Stopped for breakfast about a half hour from the track and it appears I just missed a shower at the track as the roads were driyng as got there, lucked out on that and then the sun came out and it was beautifull the rest of the day. I have lots more pics of Triumphs, Norton's, BSA's, Motoguzi's, 2 stroke Yamaha's, and such. Was lots of cool bikes there.
Gerry

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice pics. Was at the dealer today and mentioned Ducati should release a Sport Classic thumper. I really have no need at all for 120-160hp except in my car. 40-80 mph on secondary roads and tight corners is too much fun on a smaller bike. Would be a nice compliment to my 1000 as well.

Would also be a blast to race on tighter tracks.

John

·
Registered
601 Posts
The gold and red GT is owned by a fellow named Bob from the Detroit area. He's also a member of my Triumph club. He rode that bike to and from the track (200+ miles each way).

/Mike

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
johnrg said:
...... mentioned Ducati should release a Sport Classic thumper.....
When Pierre Terblanche spoke at AMS last fall, he did mention that he has been pushing really hard for another single but "the powers to be" don't think there's a market ...... too bad.
This has been brought up / discussed many times before: why is everybody / the majority so hung up on big displacement, high HP bikes? Check the latest issue of Motor Cyclist to see some of the "smaller" (displacement) bikes that we're missing out on here in the US (if I manage to get hold of one of these CB400SS's .....) Few weeks ago, I checked all the bikes that can be had in Europe .... there are a few really sweet smaller bikes.

When the SportClassics were announced, I was hoping for 750cc .... that's all the power I need, true to the original, cheaper to insure, lighter, .....

Thanks for sharing the pics, lotus23bsr. Wished I could attend a similar event in my neck of the woods (or within say 4 hours riding)

RonB

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yep, I'd seriously consider a 500 single too. Rider did a nice little write up last month on the old Honda 500 TT which is one of my favorite Hondas. That bike never really found a market and I'd have to wonder if anything like it would find a market today.

500 cc's, 40 or so horsepower and under 350 pounds would be pretty magical in the canyons and an easy ride through town.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That looks like it would have been a good time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts