Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
301 Posts
Gold! ( in more ways than one )

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Very nice, they will change you're entire riding experience. If you weight over 200lb you might want to consider changing the springs before you install them

I just installed heavier front springs and super bike valving in my forks and the PS rides like a dream!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I already changed them for him!! ;-)

Graeme, you will love it!!

Guido

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it worked out well that Guido had changed the springs. One less thing to do! Thanks again Guido!!! Can't wait to get them on the bike. Question: I was told that if the forks are laid down horizontal for a period of time you should re-oil them. Has anyone heard this before?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yup just got a set of pilot pure's and alpina's...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Haha yup just got a set of pilot pure's and alpina's...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Nice!!! I had those on my old bike. They are awesome tires and are truly amazing in the rain. Let me know when you want to roll around Toronto and represent the Sport Classics :cool:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
When the forks are sideways the oil can leave the cartridges which will cause them to have no dampening, however the cartridges will refill as soon as the forks are pumped in and out a few times in normal use, it's more of a disclaimer than anything, as they can act strange for the first bit until all the air is bled out.

If you want to see what I mean, push them up and down while there upside down a few times, then turn them over and repeat, you will feel the dampening go away and come back.

Once your done playing, just mount them up, bounce up on down on the forks a few times and just be aware that the dampening could (disclaimer) be poor, fade or act unusual for the first several bumps, avoid high speeds, etc, but otherwise just ride.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice!!! I had those on my old bike. They are awesome tires and are truly amazing in the rain. Let me know when you want to roll around Toronto and represent the Sport Classics :cool:
I'm in to represent!!! Lets do it one of these weekends!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the forks are sideways the oil can leave the cartridges which will cause them to have no dampening, however the cartridges will refill as soon as the forks are pumped in and out a few times in normal use, it's more of a disclaimer than anything, as they can act strange for the first bit until all the air is bled out.

If you want to see what I mean, push them up and down while there upside down a few times, then turn them over and repeat, you will feel the dampening go away and come back.

Once your done playing, just mount them up, bounce up on down on the forks a few times and just be aware that the dampening could (disclaimer) be poor, fade or act unusual for the first several bumps, avoid high speeds, etc, but otherwise just ride.
Ok will do. Thanks for the reply!

BTW I'm from Winnipeg originally. I have been living in Toronto for the past 2 years. Go JETS! :)

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I've tried getting out, but I keep getting sucked back. The insurance here is painful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts